• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the five star star faded lately?

flyincowboy

FRoughwear2.JPG
FRoughwear4.JPG

Chris 55

This my first steer hide jacket mid- brown ROUGHWEAR 27752. By listenning Shawn advices a bigger size was ordered and this jacket fit me very well. Leather is soft very supple and got a nice colour, i can move easily my arms without a tight / snugg effect. Lining is a brown /orange colour. Knit s are mid brown and wool they match perfectly such leather colour.. Pocket s flaps are a little bit stiff .... The stitching is green olive and wery well done No funky threads! Zipper is a nice talon one. I am not used to have a collar stand but for the moment it does not make any differentView attachment 67983 feeling wearing this jacket.

Nice to see.
I have one on order with Shawn but going for Russet colour I'm size 44/45 chest so going of Shawn's fit chart going for size 46.
A bit on the nervous size about the fit as other than Irvins this is my first leather jacket.
I have

View attachment 67983 this jacket need a bit of wear and aging .it will look fantastic

flyincowboy

After a week of wearing this jacket to go to work, driving my truck ;shopping and walking with my dog all i can say that this jacket is comfortable and it will start to break nicely....Got compliments and im really happy with the fit. Guess that it will look as good as high priced jacket soon once weathered.

John Lever

They have certainly come from nowhere to almost top dog.
I heard a rumour that might just be that that Eastman has been sold last year. Another rumour is that Aero is now Japanese.

Chris 55

I heard a rumour that might just be that that Eastman has been sold last year. Another rumour is that Aero is now Japanese.

Would that be why we haven't seen much of Ken lately.

Otter

I think Ken decided to take a break after the amount of abuse heaped on him by DD and the account that was probably his atler ego.

mulceber

Jokes aside, it doesn’t really surprise me that Ken has been quiet. Besides the verbal beating he took from DD, we’re really not his demographic. Where we focus primarily on military jackets, his bread and butter is civi jackets. And whereas we prize reproductions of vintage styles (and accurate ones to boot), he mostly creates original styles inspired by vintage jackets. I think after what happened with Diamond Dave and the fake unknown contract practical joke that was played about a year ago, he decided we weren’t worth his time.

Chris 55

Jokes aside, it doesn’t really surprise me that Ken has been quiet. Besides the verbal beating he took from DD, we’re really not his demographic. Where we focus primarily on military jackets, his bread and butter is civi jackets. And whereas we prize reproductions of vintage styles (and accurate ones to boot), he mostly creates original styles inspired by vintage jackets. I think after what happened with Diamond Dave and the fake unknown contract practical joke that was played about a year ago, he decided we weren’t worth his time.

Sorry didn't mean to drag anything up.
Totally unaware of what went on.

mulceber

Yeah, it was an ugly exchange. The exchange started in this thread, at post #32, and continued through most of the rest of the thread, and then what followed was a series of threads, started by a member named ZuZu, (who mysteriously hasn't posted much before or since - make of that what you will). These threads argued that Aero Scotland makes a less accurate Aero repro than any of the other companies. It got very ugly, and DD was right in the thick of it:

Finally, there was this practical joke, that fooled a lot of us (me included), but really made the self-described experts look silly: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/missing-link.23995/

It all makes for very interesting reading, and neither side comes out clean. :oops:

ausreenactor

Can confirm. Heisenberg used some his spare cash to close off a sector of the reproduction market. Uses the Classified section to introduce himself to collectors and enthusiasts that might not know about his 'ways'.