• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the five star star faded lately?

Enigma1938

Some months ago the whole forum was littered with five star threads everywhere, so much that I thought I should throw in the idea of rename it to five star leather forum but now I barely stumble over five star here. So what happened? Shawn himself seems also vanished...

Cocker

I think Shawn has A LOT of work going on at the moment. Don't think Five Star is fading at all, though. there's lots of posts on FB, and if you go to the TFL Five Star topic, lots and lots going on on a weekly basis.

ties70

Some months ago the whole forum was littered with five star threads everywhere, so much that I thought I should throw in the idea of rename it to five star leather forum but now I barely stumble over five star here. So what happened? Shawn himself seems also vanished...

Strongly depends on where you are looking...it might have faded here, but shines brighter somewhere else: With his own FB group, Shawn is busy over there....almost 1000 members, photo contests, new horsehide variations...

D97x7

No I don't think so, I assume not so many members here own them that's all. I wear my Dubow a lot, but I'm you all don't want to see the same jacket posted over and over again.

Enigma1938

Wow ok. Just wondered about the lower frequency of five star posts.
Thanks for advising to the Facebook page Ties.

flyincowboy

just received my new 5 star ROUGHWEAR middle brown steerhide will post some pics about this jacket First impression the leather is very nice.
P1040473.JPG

Southoftheborder

Seems to me that he picked the brains of everyone here and now he doesn't need this place anymore. But apart from that trends in repro jackets come and go just like in any other walk of life.

Shawn Ali

Seems to me that he picked the brains of everyone here and now he doesn't need this place anymore. But apart from that trends in repro jackets come and go just like in any other walk of life.
Dear @Southoftheborder

Thanks for your concerns, well This Place is like my Home, Just dont bother a lot of people with the load of information and new articles, But still this place is like a home to us, and I Try to even respond all the direct messages. Whenever you need I am Here :)

Best Regards

Shawn

YoungMedic

Dear @Southoftheborder

Thanks for your concerns, well This Place is like my Home, Just dont bother a lot of people with the load of information and new articles, But still this place is like a home to us, and I Try to even respond all the direct messages. Whenever you need I am Here :)

Best Regards

Shawn

Great to see you doing well Shawn, did anything ever come of the jacket in the discussion about the possible unknown Werber contract with lined pockets?

Chris 55

I know Shawn has been constantly busy as I've been working with him on the Irvin project with him for over 6 months.
He's never of Facebook messenger it doesn't matter what time of night weekends in fact I don't know when he sleeps to be honest.

ties70

I know Shawn has been constantly busy as I've been working with him on the Irvin project with him for over 6 months.
He's never of Facebook messenger it doesn't matter what time of night weekends in fact I don't know when he sleeps to be honest.

It helps that @Shawn Ali is veg-tanned and aniline-dyed ;)

No, seriously. Just like you said, there were lots of situations in the last years when I had some spontaneous ideas, and Shawn answered to them within minutes... No matter when. You can't ask for a more customer-focused guy!

Ties

ausreenactor

Take a look at Facebook... too busy making and selling jackets these days. Hundreds of happy customers!

flyincowboy

This my first steer hide jacket mid- brown ROUGHWEAR 27752. By listenning Shawn advices a bigger size was ordered and this jacket fit me very well. Leather is soft very supple and got a nice colour, i can move easily my arms without a tight / snugg effect. Lining is a brown /orange colour. Knit s are mid brown and wool they match perfectly such leather colour.. Pocket s flaps are a little bit stiff .... The stitching is green olive and wery well done No funky threads! Zipper is a nice talon one. I am not used to have a collar stand but for the moment it does not make any different
fred roughwear mid brown.jpg
feeling wearing this jacket.

fred roughwear mid brown.jpg
this jacket need a bit of wear and aging .it will look fantastic