• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the five star star faded lately?

Smithy

ZuZu, (who mysteriously hasn't posted much before or since - make of that what you will)

Nathan banned him.

I heard a rumour that might just be that that Eastman has been sold last year.

That could explain the deluge of price increases from 2018 to 2020 - it's a classic technique to try to raise your perceived business' worth before selling it.

Nickb123

Well, I sold an ELC and just bought a new Aero Bronco. If the “X” box stitching is off, that’s okay. There’s a place for all of these jackets in one’s wardrobe. A confluence of different artistic renditions branching off in different directions but all rooted in WWII aviation. Love them all.

Last edited:

Enigma1938

Aero are about to release an Elite range for the Japanese market. Bill Kelso already have a Japan only A1.

Yeah, I wonder why you still see people in Japan walking around without us military related vintage jackets.... such a small island but such a huge market for those vintage jackets o_O

ausreenactor

Well, I sold an ELC and just bought a new Aero Bronco. If the “X” box stitching is off, that’s okay. There’s a place for all of these jackets in one’s wardrobe. A confluence of different artistic renditions branching off in different directions but all rooted in WWII aviation. Love them all.
Have high expectations as that Werber was a ripper!

Banzai

I recently ordered a Five Star "Crusader", which is their take on an Indy-style jacket. Not a repro, I don't think it's trying to be a screen repro. Those are dark waters to tread into... It's just a jacket that hits all the high points of the features of the Indy's jacket.

Should arrive any day now.

ausreenactor

I recently ordered a Five Star "Crusader", which is their take on an Indy-style jacket. Not a repro, I don't think it's trying to be a screen repro. Those are dark waters to tread into... It's just a jacket that hits all the high points of the features of the Indy's jacket.

Should arrive any day now.
They move around the World pretty quickly. Hell of a lot quicker than Sleepy Joe's ships!