• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow W535-AC-20960

TankBuster

Do you mean last month?? Johns wait time as far as I know is like 5-7 months.
I think you got a little time to go yet ;) .

jacketimp

TankBuster said:

success breeeeeeds on success....there are the VLJ members who've ordered.........wait till the movie comes out......then GW will truly explode from a cinema near you onto the world.......then you have to contend with VLJ members and citizens of the rest of the world clamoring for GW.....GW....GW

be patient.........be very very patient.......

get your GW order in now.......before the deluge..........

greyhound52

Leadsky said:
greyhound52 said:
handworn said:
John just came out with his version of the Dubow W535-AC-20960 pattern of 1941, and I'm in awe of it.

collar1.jpg

I already liked Dubows about more than any other maker. But this, with a collar stand (and he seems to think that's the kind they had on the 1942 Tokyo Raid)-- It shattered my resolution not to place an order for a GW until times improve. I just emailed him and asked him to make me one.

I got this one (this jacket) now thanks to bseal. It is awesome as the leather goes amazing and has a fantastic smell too. John is a master.

I'd like first right of refusal once you figured out it's too big for you George!

Believe it or not Andrew it is not too big. I had his test jacket which I sold and it was marked a 46 and it was a tad too big. This one fits much better than that. I can't believe it is marked 48. I will get the measurements for you to see. Fits better than my original Monarch 46. Unreal.

TankBuster

And I thank you George for selling me that 46! ;) It fits me well, and I love it.
That Vermont HorseHide is fantastic, and the Dubow cut is perfect for me!
The NOS Crown was also a super bonus!

Steve Canyon

TankBuster said:
And I thank you George for selling me that 46! ;) It fits me well, and I love it.
I can't wait... :roll:

ChuckO

TankBuster said:

Let's see some pictures!

handworn

Anyone know when the movie is scheduled to come out?

jacketimp said:
TankBuster said:

success breeeeeeds on success....there are the VLJ members who've ordered.........wait till the movie comes out......then GW will truly explode from a cinema near you onto the world.......then you have to contend with VLJ members and citizens of the rest of the world clamoring for GW.....GW....GW

be patient.........be very very patient.......

get your GW order in now.......before the deluge..........

greyhound52

CBI

George Lucas' "Red Tails" movie about the Tuskegee Airmen.

John made the A-2 jackets for the film and a number of VLJ members including myself did a little work for the movie as well. The live action stuff was all filmed last year (or has it been 2 years now?) but it sounds like there were/are problems. Officially, the project is on track but there are a number of published "inside" accounts suggesting that Lucas did not like how the footage turned out (he was unhappy with the director). I have read that there have been a number of re-shoots. I am not passing along anything that you can't find on a Google search. The film is supposed to be released in a year but there are rumors of everything from specific release dates to the film possibly being scrubbed completely.

Lets hope it all works out.