• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow W535-AC-20960

handworn

John just came out with his version of the Dubow W535-AC-20960 pattern of 1941, and I'm in awe of it.

collar1.jpg

I already liked Dubows about more than any other maker. But this, with a collar stand (and he seems to think that's the kind they had on the 1942 Tokyo Raid)-- It shattered my resolution not to place an order for a GW until times improve. I just emailed him and asked him to make me one.

Andrew

The leather looks lovely, any idea if it's a new batch or the stuff he usually uses?

atkins

John's a wizard! I never really like Dubow contract, but this photo makes me want one. Handworn, congrats on the decision, don't forget to take pictures when you have it next four months. WOW! I think this is the same contract that Gen.Doolittle wore, right?

Atkins

handworn

That's what John says.

Anyone else notice that in the photo of the crew of the Ruptured Duck (crew #7) one A-2 has a right pocket twice its usual height, and on another they moved one of the pockets up to about armpit height? I think Mr. Thatcher from that crew is still around, and Ellen Lawson, the widow of the author of the wonderful Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo; I wonder if they would remember why.

atkins said:
John's a wizard! I never really like Dubow contract, but this photo makes me want one. Handworn, congrats on the decision, don't forget to take pictures when you have it next four months. WOW! I think this is the same contract that Gen.Doolittle wore, right?

Atkins

Steve Canyon

handworn said:
John just came out with his version of the Dubow W535-AC-20960 pattern of 1941, and I'm in awe of it.

I already liked Dubows about more than any other maker. But this, with a collar stand (and he seems to think that's the kind they had on the 1942 Tokyo Raid)-- It shattered my resolution not to place an order for a GW until times improve. I just emailed him and asked him to make me one.
Great! Last week I ordered an A2 in Vermont Espresso HH too!

a2goodwearjadubowvermon.jpg

Chandler

handworn said:
Anyone else notice that in the photo of the crew of the Ruptured Duck (crew #7) one A-2 has a right pocket twice its usual height, and on another they moved one of the pockets up to about armpit height? I think Mr. Thatcher from that crew is still around, and Ellen Lawson, the widow of the author of the wonderful Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo; I wonder if they would remember why.

That was brought up a while back. We guessed they were personally customized by their owners to hold things that wouldn't fit well in the usual A-2 pocket or the usual configuration.

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Steve Canyon said:
handworn said:

Great! Last week I ordered an A2 in Vermont Espresso HH too!

a2goodwearjadubowvermon.jpg

Hey thats my Dubow next to Pauls original...

airfrogusmc

handworn said:
One of this new contract he's come out with?

airfrogusmc said:
My Dubow is amazing. NOS Crown too...

No mine is the one in the photo next to the original size 52 (Pauls) collar shot. It a 27798 and is an almost exact copy of the original. The color is an almost dead match don't ya think.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Steve Canyon said:
Yeah, what's the difference between the GW Dubow W535-AC-20960 and GW Dubow W535-AC-27798 ?

The collar stand would be the most notable.

greyhound52

handworn said:

collar1.jpg

I got this one (this jacket) now thanks to bseal. It is awesome as the leather goes amazing and has a fantastic smell too. John is a master.

Andrew

greyhound52 said:
handworn said:

collar1.jpg

I got this one (this jacket) now thanks to bseal. It is awesome as the leather goes amazing and has a fantastic smell too. John is a master.

I'd like first right of refusal once you figured out it's too big for you George!