• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear in Paris

Saint-ex

:D:D:D

I was in Salzburg in August, very nice city indeed. Definitely in my top ten, maybe even five.

And I saw a rat there. We actually joked about it with my wife, saying « hey, we’re not the only Parisians visiting. » :D

Rats are like bed fleas, definitely more visible on news channels than when walking around the city.

I'm not Parisian by birth, I didn't really like Parisians (like all French people) when I was young. but having visited the world quite a bit, Paris is objectively one of the most beautiful cities.
After all, it’s always a matter of taste. I love Florence, Edinburgh and Chicago, but to deny that Paris is at the top of the ranking would be in bad faith.
As for the systematic criticism of Paris city management that's another matter, political and ideological, not the place to debate it.

John Lever

I was in Salzburg in August, very nice city indeed. Definitely in my top ten, maybe even five.

And I saw a rat there. We actually joked about it with my wife, saying « hey, we’re not the only Parisians visiting. » :D

Rats are like bed fleas, definitely more visible on news channels than when walking around the city.

I'm not Parisian by birth, I didn't really like Parisians (like all French people) when I was young. but having visited the world quite a bit, Paris is objectively one of the most beautiful cities.
After all, it’s always a matter of taste. I love Florence, Edinburgh and Chicago, but to deny that Paris is at the top of the ranking would be in bad faith.
As for the systematic criticism of Paris city management that's another matter, political and ideological, not the place to debate it.
Yes but it was humming Mozart

ZuZu

From what I can see, it's not far from Limoge. It's a beautiful place - my father comes from a village not far from here.

It's also a major site of the French resistance during the war (maquis du Limousin). It's great (and surprising) that you know the series "A French Village". It's a very informative series that I recommend. :)

Many cheeses to try in this region : Cantal, Salers, Saint Nectaire, Bleu d'Auvergne, ...)

Enjoy it
Limoge train station. Back to Paris.

Attachments

• 20231028_084605.jpg
    20231028_084605.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68

ZuZu

From what I can see, it's not far from Limoge. It's a beautiful place - my father comes from a village not far from here.

It's also a major site of the French resistance during the war (maquis du Limousin). It's great (and surprising) that you know the series "A French Village". It's a very informative series that I recommend. :)

Many cheeses to try in this region : Cantal, Salers, Saint Nectaire, Bleu d'Auvergne, ...)

Enjoy it
We stayed at a place called La Varache. Amazing magical land. Deep dark foreats- very wild. In some ways more untamed than in America because it seems so old yet empty. Just crazy beautiful.

Shanghai-Mayne

Not far away there's a sadly famous place in France: Oradour-sur-Glane.
Just after June 6, 1944, the SS das reich division massacred more than 600 inhabitants of the village (all civilians with no links to the resistance).
Nazi killed many civilians at Loire Valley area, when I visited there, I was surprised to see too many monument of victims during last half of 1944.:(

Kermit3D

I agree with that.
Of course there are rats in Paris, but there aren't really any more than anywhere else.

I went on a trip to Vietnam in 2015. In Ho Chi Minh City, there are rats everywhere, and I was amazed at how unafraid they are of humans. I had to give way to them several times when they crossed the sidewalk. I ate at a restaurant with a rat the size of a small dog right next to me, I thought he was going to help himself to my plate. I wasn't in a palace, that's for sure... but it wasn't a slum either.
I say this without any judgment... I loved Vietnam so much, it's a beautiful country with such nice people.

I have family who live in the countryside near Dusseldorf, and they used to tell me that their little dog was an expert at hunting mice/rats.

All in all, there are rats just about everywhere, as long as they can find something to eat.

Kermit3D

Agree! and no rats :cool:
Surely no fake news..

Even in Austria
But it doesn't say whether Austrian rats are better bred than French rats. ;)

Last edited:

mulceber

Even in Austria
But it doesn't say whether Austrian rats are better bred than French rats. ;)

I don't know about that, but I suspect the French rats get to eat better food. ;)

Smithy

I adore Paris. It's one of the greatest cities in the world and I'm an unabashed francophile. Great to see a GW there Jeff.

But forget jackets nothing in Paris is better than a simple jambon beurre enjoyed amidst that beautiful architecture..