• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear in Paris

ZuZu

20231024_115120.jpg

Pilot

I think we can count on ZuZu to have an unfiltered opinion (which is a good thing) ! :D
Paris is a beautiful city, but it's not that representative of France.
G… agree about “The unfiltered “… disagree with “is beautiful…”…
Would agree on “ was” … considering all the “ recent “ sh..t , rats, and others …
Paris 2024… will be the “ moment de la vérité “ where all the “ beautiful “ things about Paris will surface… lets see…
Happy to be proven wrong.. very happy!

Pilot

Merci! Thanks for the welcome. I was in Greece now in France. Going to a small place called La Varache by Emoutiers. Unbelievably beautiful. They filmed part of " A French Village" there in the early 2000s.
Agree, France has ( still ) a lot of great places , monuments , Museums and a magnificent History.
Unfortunately the party in power supported by History unfriendly groups and movements are little by little removing… monuments, museums, statues ( heroes, military,past symbols etc… )…. Not very tolerant nor open minded nor past acceptance friendly…For me a shame!
Enough ranting puking from my side…
Enjoy, its still a great landscape with a lot of to be seen and appreciated… plus wining and dining is still the best of the best… ( after Japan :) )

Kermit3D

Merci! Thanks for the welcome. I was in Greece now in France. Going to a small place called La Varache by Emoutiers. Unbelievably beautiful. They filmed part of " A French Village" there in the early 2000s.

From what I can see, it's not far from Limoge. It's a beautiful place - my father comes from a village not far from here.

It's also a major site of the French resistance during the war (maquis du Limousin). It's great (and surprising) that you know the series "A French Village". It's a very informative series that I recommend. :)

Many cheeses to try in this region : Cantal, Salers, Saint Nectaire, Bleu d'Auvergne, ...)

Enjoy it

Kermit3D

Not far away there's a sadly famous place in France: Oradour-sur-Glane.
Just after June 6, 1944, the SS das reich division massacred more than 600 inhabitants of the village (all civilians with no links to the resistance).