• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear 1939 Werber in Russet

Yes, it's nice to know that John appeals to real pilots and makers of Hollywood pilot movies. The perks of being a commercial pilot is that you get to go travel to see John in person for no additional charge (and to get personally fitted as well!). Doug was thoroughly impressed with John after having seen his operation. I've always been impressed with John, and have known him well before he ever thought of starting GW. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to see his digs up in Seattle since he relocated there from the Bay Area. But I do get to talk to him at least twice a year as his schedule permits. He is one heck of a busy guy, but there is no surprise in that. I think that many of us are on his perpetual customer list. But my jacket rotation seems to have grown from 12 months to over 16 at this point. And that's even counting buying the Werber that is at the heart of this thread. It's funny, but I checked this posting a few times right after I posted but didn't see any other posts to it, so I figured that aside from those who were interested in it from Ebay, that there were no real opinions on it from VLJ. That's why I didn't more proactively check on the topic thread. You're very welcome, by the way! :)

bretron

@prostaff4ever just curious; was this the discontinued red russet or the still available dull russet?

ButteMT61

bretron said:
@prostaff4ever just curious; was this the discontinued red russet or the still available dull russet?

From my sample and other pics, I'd wager not the older red hide bretron...