• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good value for money A-1?

rob20uk

CBI was 1000% satisfied with his. Go for it. No going or looking back. You got this.
Yea I have read his post. It’s the same colour way I was going to go for. He has his in steer hide but for me I am more keen on the lighter cape skin.

rob20uk

I found Five Star’s cape skin pretty flimsy. Weirdly, their lamb skin seemed more substantial. I’d go for that.
Interesting. I mean cape skin is a pretty thin leather anyway so I guess it depends what your initial expectations are. I think the best option is for me to get several samples sent over (including the lamb skin). I can do a bit of a post on it all for everyone then.

Just out of interest did you find the cape skin flimsy after comparing with other cape skins from other manufacturers? Also what was the colour of the one you had?

mulceber

Just out of interest did you find the cape skin flimsy after comparing with other cape skins from other manufacturers? Also what was the colour of the one you had?
Yes. Mine was a russet. I agree that a darker color is a good idea, as the russet can be rather orange.

bseal

Yes. Mine was a russet. I agree that a darker color is a good idea, as the russet can be rather orange.
IMG_3839.gif

rob20uk

So it has not arrived yet but I ended up getting this from Five Star Leather. I was particularly keen on the Seal Brown colours. I love them on the G-1 and really wanted to use them on this (Seal Brown is such a practical colour). This is in Capeskin, so should be more summer friendly. Once I get it I will do a full review over in the makers section.

The measurements are exactly the same as the Eastman A-1 .50 cal so a side by side comparison might be interesting (let me know if you want one).

Thanks for all those who have contributed to this thread;

IMG20240607173539.jpg

petermack09

That’s a stolen GW image with a photoshopped label. Nice!
Yip,also stolen the pics of the Eastman Air comfort too, shady dealer for sure.Heres the real deal,Best hide I've seen on any jacket. .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_215752_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_215752_Photos.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20240618_215549.jpg
    20240618_215549.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240618_215520.jpg
    20240618_215520.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

rob20uk

Yes, please. Thank you.
I am going to wait a little on this. The elasticated waistband is well not very elastic so I am just waiting on Five Star to get back to me with a replacement or refund. I think posting a comparison picture might not be that fair on them at the moment.

Thomas Koehle

This is one of the biggest problems with FleaBay now, they don't give a shit about stuff like this, like John says so long as the moolah keeps bumping up the coffers they couldn't give a damn.

It was great back in 2002ish but it's absolute crap now. I would never sell anything on there now and I wouldn't buy anything on it either - last time was 2015 and I don't miss it at all. Might be just me but I will never put a penny their way again.

The time when EBAY was interesting is long gone. Meanwhile - as far as my personal impression is - there is more than 90% commercial vendors with direct-sales rather than auctions.

I started that EBAY thingie in Feb. 2002 when times where "golden" and i sold and bought a lot of interesting stuff ...

Meanwhile EBAY is wasted and flooded with cheapo-stuff

Thomas Koehle

So it has not arrived yet but I ended up getting this from Five Star Leather. I was particularly keen on the Seal Brown colours. I love them on the G-1 and really wanted to use them on this (Seal Brown is such a practical colour). This is in Capeskin, so should be more summer friendly. Once I get it I will do a full review over in the makers section.

The measurements are exactly the same as the Eastman A-1 .50 cal so a side by side comparison might be interesting (let me know if you want one).

Thanks for all those who have contributed to this thread;

View attachment 150863

Did you already post a comparison mate?