Gloves.. ELC vs Garcia

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by Tim P, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Steve Canyon

Steve Canyon Active Member

The colours of the ELC A-10 gloves: seal-brown or russet?

2. deeb7

deeb7 New Member

3. Steve Canyon

Steve Canyon Active Member

Yep. The A10's I recently received are reddish, look: http://tinyurl.com/3ynbnep :?

(The gloves on the right are a pair of coal black NATO goatskin, size 10, from the 90's.)
    Besides, I returned the A10's, as the fit is too small.

4. deeb7

deeb7 New Member

.... okay. :?

5. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

Bah! Don't talk to me about A-10's. I missed out by a quid on a pair of ELC's on Ebay the other day. :evil: I'm not paying the silly money ELC charge for them new these days-I don't care how great they are, 90-odd quid is too much for a pair of gloves, IMHO. I'm having a think about the Garcia's-I noticed Paddy had a pair in one of his pics the other day. I too have heard MASH's are excellent, but whether they are ELCs or not I'm not sure. As I recall they were also pretty pricey.

6. deeb7

deeb7 New Member

7. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

£90 for a pair of gloves ?

8. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

Yep, £89.99 at ELC these days. I couldn't believe it either.

9. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

That's taking the p*ss.

10. handworn

handworn Member

Garcia repros are not in general high quality. I haven't gotten their A-10s, but they look iffy to me. I do have a pair of Garcia R.A.F. 1941 pattern gloves, and I sort of go back and forth about them. The pattern and construction are OK, but the zipper is stiff and the leather is thin.

Got them, FWIW, new via eBay; Garcia Aviation is "brittsbits" there, I think. The actual early aviation collectibles and the repro flying scarf I've gotten from them are just fine.

11. Tim P

Tim P Active Member

I thought fifty quid was a lot... ninety, :eek:
    sorry Gary, credit crunch and all that, everything has taken a hike way past inflation. seven hundred for a roughwear... quality yes..but best value?
    Looks like my desire to continually upgrade has lost impetus.

I have some Garcias that I got for a tenner and they will have to do warts and all.

12. Willy McCoy

Willy McCoy Member

If a member has both gloves from Garcia and ELC it would be nice to get a picture of the differences and a point by point comparison. Opinions are great, but when I see it come to a "Glove Shootout" it gets a little murky. A definitive answer to this would be great. Either way I do not see buying a pair of repo gloves over $100 USD. I am not an re-enactor.

13. Art

Art Active Member

Did aero not supply A10 back then do u know if there versions are same as the Garcia copies they priced similar nice one Art

14. Art

Art Active Member

Did aero not supply their A10 gloves back then and does anybody know if their quality is the same as the Garcia versions nice one Art