• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back to Our Roots …. The United Sheeplined 42-18777P

mulceber

I'll throw mine into the ring. I think USL must have used a leather that endured particularly well, because I've seen a number of A-2s from them the are in particularly good condition. This one was bought from @Silver Surfer . Believe it or not, it is actually a depot re-dye as well, as evidenced by the traces of dye that can be seen on the liner.
IMG_1368.png

IMG_1369.png

IMG_1371.png

IMG_1372.png

IMG_1373.png

IMG_1374.png

IMG_1375.png

IMG_1376.png

Pa12

I'll throw mine into the ring. I think USL must have used a leather that endured particularly well, because I've seen a number of A-2s from them the are in particularly good condition. This one was bought from @Silver Surfer . Believe it or not, it is actually a depot re-dye as well, as evidenced by the traces of dye that can be seen on the liner.
View attachment 144055
View attachment 144057
View attachment 144059
View attachment 144061
View attachment 144063
View attachment 144065
View attachment 144067
View attachment 144069
Another beauty. Interesting that considering they had one of the smallest contracts, there are some beautiful survivors. Rarest of the rare sort of thing.

mulceber

Gorgeous Jan !
After seeing some of these less known and one contract jackets I’m really impressed with the United Sheeplined , Poughkeepsie’s , Donigers and Knopfs .
It may be time to start considering one of these repros .
Agreed - the Poughkeepsie thread in particular, and Tim's singing the praises of that contract really has me itching for a Poughkeepsie repro....

Lord Flashheart

Thank you for sharing yours too Jan. They are both really impressive survivors. And depot re-dyes too. I recall that the leather for A-2's was supplied by the government not the contractor so the batch they gave United Sheeplined must've been special.

Lovely jackets both, and wearable. Something special indeed.