• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELCs newest repro triumph!

Vcruiser

ButteMT61 said:
There's a market for every price tag, but what kills me is the lack of gear made by many companies for guys larger than a bloody 44. Really? Where do these people live, Japan?
Guys my size aren't even freaks any more. Kids come over and they're my size and bigger.
But yeah, they make the warhorse Tee and I'm in. ;)

+ VAT.... :?:

Otter

ausreenactor said:
coalman said:
ausreenactor said:
I think a lot of the British WWII kit is done already, and at a price ELC would not elect to compete with. Some of the best Battle Dress is made in the EU oddly enough? Better than the Pakistan and China efforts by a mile. What kit were you eager to see?

Couchy

For the White coveralls and bags had you looked at The Replicaters in India. I think they do a bit of WPG kit for them...

http://www.replicaters.com/ww2rafuniforms.html

Couchy

I had a Replicators half zip Dennison Smock, well made, good quality material and very fair shipping. Sold it awhile back for more than it actualy cost me.

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=279&osCsid=e6b5f127d0de3dbc33f33245e5890029
I wonder how there can be a market for those things,
it's amazing that there is demand that justifies going into this length and expenses of producing these items.

Seriously, on this forum where $1000+ jackets are the standard, you are going to make a statement like that! :eek:
While there are many here who splurge on one part of a WWII flying clothing issue, many like the rest of the kit to go with it! ;)

An $8.00 A-2 in WWII is replicated at $1000 + today, same increase makes the socks around $0.50 in WWII for two pair, or $0.25
a pair. These repro socks are probably dead on in comparison..dollars wise...

We pay $10 for our lowest bidder Army socks here now. And they have zero WWII appeal.

Couchy

A

Anonymous

I don't say they are expensive.
Let's suppose that they cost $5 a pair.
You would need to sell 100 pairs to make $500
Is there 100 people out there who want to buy wwii socks out there?
I find it very hard to believe.

Socks are an item that a maker/vendor has to sell by the thousands to make a profit that justifies the production.

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
I don't say they are expensive.
Let's suppose that they cost $5 a pair.
You would need to sell 100 pairs to make $500
Is there 100 people out there who want to buy wwii socks out there?
I find it very hard to believe.

Socks are an item that a maker/vendor has to sell by the thousands to make a profit that justifies the production.

They will be produced in China like the Rangoon Shirts, sweaters and other stuff like that. The profit will be there. They are pretty
astute these days. They will sell lots of them. The sweaters used to sell out frequently. I have one of each. The size 42 A-1 I have never even put on. Just like it as it was an issued item. My white ELC RAF sweater has been worn once in three years. Just parts of the WWII collection. ELC will certainly recoup their costs. Or they take a dip and pay less tax....all business!! ;)

Couchy

colekwok

ausreenactor said:
PLATON said:
http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=279&osCsid=e6b5f127d0de3dbc33f33245e5890029
I wonder how there can be a market for those things,
it's amazing that there is demand that justifies going into this length and expenses of producing these items.

Seriously, on this forum where $1000+ jackets are the standard, you are going to make a statement like that! :eek:
While there are many here who splurge on one part of a WWII flying clothing issue, many like the rest of the kit to go with it! ;)

An $8.00 A-2 in WWII is replicated at $1000 + today, same increase makes the socks around $0.50 in WWII for two pair, or $0.25
a pair. These repro socks are probably dead on in comparison..dollars wise...

We pay $10 for our lowest bidder Army socks here now. And they have zero WWII appeal.

Couchy

I have to say, there are probably cheaper options than the ELC offerings. I don't even know whether it is as said in their decriptions, stitch to stitch repro of the original? 2 years of research? And judging from the other ELC offerings such as the regulation shirts and pants, which are in China by the way, I am pretty sure this one is also coming from there as well although they vaguely said the fabrics actually are from Japan. But at the end of the day, they must have done their marketing, but I would guess that they are also making a huge margin out of it, the idea is definitely not selling it in volumes.

Skip

Dont see much difference in price between this and a commercial designer t-shirt. So if you got the dosh and you want something different...

But then how long does a t-shirt last ? I'm a t-shirt kinda guy and if it fits well (and it would want to for the price) it would be worn often and down side of that, Id be lucky to get a year out of it before it ends up being used for doing oil changes.

On the other hand A leather jacket worn often is a life time enjoyable commitment

Hawkeye

How long till we see the ELC repro ww2 issue condoms? "Avoid VD in style with our meticulously researched, stitch for stitch repro of GI issued prophylactics! Enjoy your leave the WW2 way!" :lol: