• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELCs newest repro triumph!

Rutger

I've seen pieces of underwear with a whole lot less fabric yet costing quite a bit more.

stanier

I don't see this is unreasonable, in fact I welcome ELC broadening the range into T's, socks etc. LVC '40's repro plain white T's are around the £50 mark so these are a good price.

If you're happy with cheap white t shirts and can't see why the difference then carry on with them and for those who want decent repros then we now have the chance.

ausreenactor

You can not find an original at any price on eBay, so this will appeal to a lot of reenactors and living history guys. It is a higher price; however, an accurate USN marked under garment will suit many to a 'tee'... The At The Front version of the WWII T-Shirt is $20 a pop though... They are in business to make stuff, and make money.

Couchy

Otter

I have seen "designer" T's costing more and looking worse, not my cup of T but looks good for what it is, more power to their elbows!

coalman

its good that Gary goes the extra mile to make sure every thing he produeces as as near to the original as is possible, however my beef is that he forgets us big guys as well as just concentrating on US forces wear all the time.

ausreenactor

I think a lot of the British WWII kit is done already, and at a price ELC would not elect to compete with. Some of the best Battle Dress is made in the EU oddly enough? Better than the Pakistan and China efforts by a mile. What kit were you eager to see?

Couchy

coalman

ausreenactor said:
I think a lot of the British WWII kit is done already, and at a price ELC would not elect to compete with. Some of the best Battle Dress is made in the EU oddly enough? Better than the Pakistan and China efforts by a mile. What kit were you eager to see?

Couchy

I would like to see replicas of the RAF nav bags and the Irvin parachute bags as well as the aircrew battle dress, 1950 grey flying overalls and the ground crew brown boiler suits for starters.

johnwayne

Hmm I've often thought that it's irelevant what you pay if you're personally happy with it and it gives you a buzz (no pun intented) but even I have to say £40 is well over the top. ELC/Buzz chambray Navy shirts are another fine example of an item that you can find quite easliy and look identical at a much 'better' price and I know good tee's are not easy to find but thats just too pricey although hey, it's your choice!!

Cheers
Wayne

bretron

Count me in as one of those weirdos that would consider buying one of these. Eg my $150 BR crew sweatshirt. Loopwheeled design is legit (and very pricey), and in slubby cotton it has my attention.

unclegrumpy

I might be in for the £65 Warhorse version....depending of course on how realistic the sweat stains look, and if the neck wear is correct. :D

ausreenactor

coalman said:
ausreenactor said:

Couchy

I would like to see replicas of the RAF nav bags and the Irvin parachute bags as well as the aircrew battle dress, 1950 grey flying overalls and the ground crew brown boiler suits for starters.

I was going to suggest Chirs at Air Diggers; however, it looks like they have closed shop. I had been waiting on an RAAF Air Gunner brevet total for some time...Explains why the hasteners went unanswered..

For the White coveralls and bags had you looked at The Replicaters in India. I think they do a bit of WPG kit for them...

http://www.replicaters.com/ww2rafuniforms.html

Couchy

ButteMT61

There's a market for every price tag, but what kills me is the lack of gear made by many companies for guys larger than a bloody 44. Really? Where do these people live, Japan?
Guys my size aren't even freaks any more. Kids come over and they're my size and bigger.
But yeah, they make the warhorse Tee and I'm in. ;)