• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC goatskin

Spitfireace

Hey thanks brettafett,

Sorry I was not more specific, A2 is near mint condition from smoke free , pet free home, only worn a few times as I have a horse hide A2 that is my wear jacket.

My thought was to not be a jerk and ask a ridiculous price and also to not sell it cheap.,

I dont use e bay so would probably post here.

G1, thanks for the tip on AVI, not looking for original but a new good to wear a lot beat it up G1 , that does not have a designer silly look to it have probably sent back due to poor fit or quality more jackets than I have owned, regret selling my W&G G1 from about 1980.
I worked at the Nimitz Pacific war combat zone for years and after the midway movie tried to buy all repro navy and marine clothing that was used in the movie, but just then the"Satan bug"hit and with the shut down the deal couldnt be made. The museum even planned to buy the fiberglass replica of the dauntless but that failed too. Am looking at the avirex g1 from sportys pilot shop as in my price range and seems ok.

I do some work for the Wright Pat museum and if and when , I might stop at sportys and see and try on as I hate to buy on seen.

Many thanks for your input, as usual you and guys on this forum are well informed and a great resource.
Ask 500 US.

Spitfireace

I guess the overall point to be made on G-1s is to be aware of vintage. Dave seems to agree.

@Maverickson -- do you feel some of the earlier vintage G-1s are gaining some value?
I have a 1967 G-1 so it works for me.

MikeyB-17

I paid £300 for my fairly early ELC house A-2 in steer a couple of years ago, in decent condition with a few moth holes in the knits. I don’t know but I would have thought a goatskin one might command a bit more.

Desoto

Hi again
I’m not sure where you’re looking but I can assure you that originals in great shape can be had for less money than $600.
I’m not trying to show off here, but here are a couple of the original G-1 jackets Ive purchased and all of them were under $360.00. Full disclosure the Pritzker I had restored but here’s an Original Vietnam war Martin Lane G-1 I just helped a member find . It’s in good shape and at a killer price , so they’re out there, if you’re patient and you look around you can find them .Good Luck with your search . :)

These pictures below are mine.

View attachment 69460View attachment 69461View attachment 69463View attachment 69464View attachment 69466View attachment 69467
I do believe you, nice photos of impressive jackets,

Thanks
Eastman no longer make the goatskin A-2 which is a shame, nearly picked one up in seal brown a few years back on a visit but ended up with an A-1.
Interesting how leather and styles are dropped and added, imay list for sale as I'm thinking of buying a G1
I am a little surprised that the market for a jacket like this seems to be only about 1 third of the cost of a new one. (Though as you say goat NA)
A couple photos attached, THANKS

Attachments

• DSCF9781.JPG
    DSCF9781.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF9782.JPG
    DSCF9782.JPG
    537.1 KB · Views: 142

rob20uk

I have a mil spec cockpit G-1, it's my go to jacket. Comfortable, practical and easy to use. I would not hesitate to recommend one.

Desoto

I have a mil spec cockpit G-1, it's my go to jacket. Comfortable, practical and easy to use. I would not hesitate to recommend one.

Thanks rob

I have been looking at that G1 from sportys pilot store @ 468.00, legends has same for higher price but they may offer a 15% discount for new customer making it about 430.00

I have years ago owned many avirex jackets and though a few were good most were not. Though this jacket looks ok for my purpose.

Of the dozens of brands of g1s and a2s I have bought it is almost always a disappointment as to fit, defects etc but there seems to be no choice other than a lot of driving time to find an out let store for try ons and inspection.

I may be overly particular at this price point but trying to avoid a bad lay of the rear of the collar, and big usn holes in the wind flap , couple of originals I owned had true. "Perforation" of the usn.

May keep a look out on forum for sale page for this item in 44r that some one bought and didnt use.

Best regards,