• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back To Our Roots…….. The A2 Poughkeepsie 28560 ….Size 44.

B-Man2

Hey Guys
We had a little break with the “Getting Back To Our Roots “ series but we’re back with another original WWII A2 jacket, a Poughkeepsie 28560. This was the only contract that was issued to the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Company. The contract was issued in May of 1942 for 50,000 jackets.
The jacket was initially thought to be made from horsehide however, it is suspected that cowhide was used for the majority of the contract. The jacket has large ring snaps and comes with either an M-41 Gilt plated Talon zipper or an M-42 Talon in dull nickle . This particular jacket uses the dull nickle M-42 Talon.
This Poughkeepsie has some documentation with it, as the original owner has been ID’ed and I have some of his service records and photos as well. The jacket has been hand painted and patched. The owner flew a C-47 transport. The back painting shows a faint C-47 aircraft , while the front left breast area shows small camels that represent the number of flights the owner made over the Himalayas or “over the humps”. The patches are all well known to most of you. As I have stated previously, this series is primarily an effort to pass on photos and information about originals for comparative purposes and to help some of the new guys with their decisions on what contracts they might like to duplicate. So I hope that all of you enjoy the series and are gaining some insight and knowledge regarding original WWII jackets.
Cheers
IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg
IMG_3398.jpeg
IMG_3399.jpeg
IMG_3400.jpeg
IMG_3401.jpeg
IMG_3402.jpeg
IMG_3404.jpeg
IMG_3405.jpeg

bseal

Hey Guys
We had a little break with the “Getting Back To Our Roots “ series but we’re back with another original WWII A2 jacket, a Poughkeepsie 28560. This was the only contract that was issued to the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Company. The contract was issued in May of 1942 for 50,000 jackets.
The jacket was initially thought to be made from horsehide however, it is suspected that cowhide was used for the majority of the contract. The jacket has large ring snaps and comes with either an M-41 Gilt plated Talon zipper or an M-42 Talon in dull nickle . This particular jacket uses the dull nickle M-42 Talon.
This Poughkeepsie has some documentation with it, as the original owner has been ID’ed and I have some of his service records and photos as well. The jacket has been hand painted and patched. The owner flew a C-47 transport. The back painting shows a faint C-47 aircraft , while the front left breast area shows small camels that represent the number of flights the owner made over the Himalayas or “over the humps”. The patches are all well known to most of you. As I have stated previously, this series is primarily an effort to pass on photos and information about originals for comparative purposes and to help some of the new guys with their decisions on what contracts they might like to duplicate. So I hope that all of you enjoy the series and are gaining some insight and knowledge regarding original WWII jackets.
Cheers View attachment 148157

View attachment 148159View attachment 148161View attachment 148163View attachment 148165View attachment 148167View attachment 148169View attachment 148171View attachment 148173View attachment 148175
The absolute best! Thank you for sharing.