• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Cable Raincoat A2?

Dr H

Andrew said:
Dr H said:
Hmmm...wish more bagpipes would go missing ... Dreadful noise :twisted:
Sacrilege! Bloody Sassenach. Send them here then :lol: (proud Grandson of Scotland)

:lol:

Happy to send them all there...hoots mon...

;)

Dr H

rich said:
Dr H said:
Hmmm...wish more bagpipes would go missing ... Dreadful noise :twisted:

A time and a place for everything............ ;)

bp.jpg

Fine picture of some brave lads and (fortunately) silent... :)

rich

Dr H said:
Fine picture of some brave lads and (fortunately) silent... :)

It must have been inspirational to hear pipes under those circumstances, it's melancholy stuff though. :(
Bill Millin was at it on D-Day ........ this is from wiki, but it's easily corroborated.

"Millin is best remembered for playing the pipes whilst under fire during the D-Day landing in Normandy. Pipers had traditionally been used in battle by Scottish and Irish soldiers however the use of bagpipes was restricted to rear areas by the time of the Second World War by the British Army. Lovat, however, ignored these orders and ordered Millin, aged 21, to play. When Private Millin demurred, citing the regulations, he recalled later, Lord Lovat replied: “Ah, but that’s the English War Office. You and I are both Scottish, and that doesn’t apply.” He played "Hielan' Laddie" and "The Road to the Isles" as his comrades fell around him on Sword Beach. Millin states that he later talked to captured German snipers who claimed they did not shoot him because they thought he was crazy."

RCSignals

Many of the Scottish Regiments ignored that directive in WW2. The 'English' are always trying to take them away and have traditionally tried.
Scottish Regiments today maintain such pipers in battle areas.

Many Infantry Regiments that were not 'Scottish' also had a Piper. Canadian, and other commonwealth nations as well.
The RCAF, and I believe even the RAF had or has pipers.
True Irish pipes sound different from Scottish Highland pipes, even the uniform badge is different.

269sqnhudson

PLATON said:
It's not a solution to exclude Italy (50m people) because of 18 missing packages. Also, if you send a package with tracking number, you should not be held responsible if it is lost
I bought a nice N-1 jacket and never received it and the seller said "I don't care, I sent it and he provided proof of sending"

One solution is to say for example "Shipping to the following countries (list goes here) only by DHL (or other) courier." So if the buyer really wants the item, he would have to pay.

It's simple.

Well Paypal don't agree with you! They don't care about tracking numbers. They require a scanned signature as proof of delivery otherwise the seller loses. That's a fact, not an opinion....I like facts

RCSignals

269sqnhudson said:
Well Paypal don't agree with you! They don't care about tracking numbers. They require a scanned signature as proof of delivery otherwise the seller loses. That's a fact, not an opinion....I like facts

Do they not accept Postal confirmation of delivery in cases where a package was not sent 'signed for?

The solution anyway would be to send anything to any of those countries as signature required.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RCSignals said:
Do they not accept Postal confirmation of delivery in cases where a package was not sent 'signed for?

The solution anyway would be to send anything to any of those countries as signature required.

Over $250 they want a signature .... PayPal FAQs:

• What is proof of delivery?

Proof of delivery indicates that the item was delivered to the recipient, and generally comes in the form of an online tracking number. It shows the city, state, and zip to which the package was shipped, the date the package was delivered, and its delivery status. For payments of $250 USD or more, a signature confirmation of receipt is also required. The proof of delivery doesn't need to show the full street address since some shipping companies don't include this information. The city and state or zip code (or equivalent) is normally acceptable.

RCSignals

That makes sense for a signature required linked to dollar amount.

So unless someone just doesn't want to ship to a country like Italy, or there are known issues with delivery in certain countries, a 'signature required' shipment should solve a potential problem.

269sqnhudson

RCSignals said:
That makes sense for a signature required linked to dollar amount.

So unless someone just doesn't want to ship to a country like Italy, or there are known issues with delivery in certain countries, a 'signature required' shipment should solve a potential problem.

Which brings me back to a point I made before, nobody wants to pay for it. As a seller you get whined at and moaned at when you charge for a scanned signature proof of delivery service. You need to use Parcel Force Priority which is about £60 for an A2! OR you can spend half your working day looking for other couriers you don't necessarily have experience with like 'Parcel Donkey' and 'You Send Parcel Very Cheap Trust Me.com' I should point out that DHL Express in the UK (the one you can book from home or office) don't even scan a signature and don't have insurance AND it saves about £10

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
Over $250 they want a signature
If I send an item express then the recipient needs to sign for it, but I wonder how I would have access to the delivery slip with the signature on it if I needed it?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
deeb7 said:
If I send an item express then the recipient needs to sign for it, but I wonder how I would have access to the delivery slip with the signature on it if I needed it?

• How can I submit proof of shipment or proof of delivery?

If you are responding to a claim or a chargeback for an unauthorized payment, you can fax or upload scanned images of your proof of shipment in the Resolution Center.

If you are responding to a claim or a chargeback for an item-not-received, we accept online tracking information as proof of delivery in the Resolution Center.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ection_faq

269sqnhudson

asiamiles said:
deeb7 said:

It's not a piece of paper, they sign a handheld screen and it'll be online but you need a good pricey service to get it!

ausreenactor

269sqnhudson said:
PLATON said:
It's not a solution to exclude Italy (50m people) because of 18 missing packages. Also, if you send a package with tracking number, you should not be held responsible if it is lost
I bought a nice N-1 jacket and never received it and the seller said "I don't care, I sent it and he provided proof of sending"

One solution is to say for example "Shipping to the following countries (list goes here) only by DHL (or other) courier." So if the buyer really wants the item, he would have to pay.

It's simple.

Seller protection only requires proof of shipment, not necessarily delivery. The actual Paypal approved method of shipment for each country will be listed in the user agreement. You will have to find it..

269sqnhudson

ausreenactor said:
Seller protection only requires proof of shipment, not necessarily delivery. The actual Paypal approved method of shipment for each country will be listed in the user agreement. You will have to find it..

Not true!! Look closer! This may save you one day!

I quote from the link you just gave!:
'For payments of $250 USD or more, a signature confirmation of receipt is also required.'

AND a quote from the Paypal UK site:
'For transactions with a value of £150 or more, you need to provide proof of signature from the recipient if the buyer claims that the item did not arrive.'

I don't just make this crap up! I've been stung by it, I know the rules. The people who moan about high postage costs and why people don't deliver to x,y and z countries do not understand the actual rules of protecting yourself as a seller!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
269sqnhudson said:
'For payments of $250 USD or more, a signature confirmation of receipt is also required.'

That was me, posted the link ... and I ain't arguin'. :?

269sqnhudson

deeb7 said:
269sqnhudson said:

hee hee, sorry! :oops:
I get annoyed with Ebay because they make it hard to protect yourself and then go and cap postage costs on clothing. I just get frustrated.

ausreenactor

269sqnhudson said:
deeb7 said:
269sqnhudson said:

hee hee, sorry! :oops:
I get annoyed with Ebay because they make it hard to protect yourself and then go and cap postage costs on clothing. I just get frustrated.

Australia IS the lucky country...our laws must shape the User Agreement here...

Schedule 1. PayPal Seller Protection Policy

1. Eligibility

1.1. The PayPal Seller Protection Policy may apply to you if you are a seller.

1.2. If you are a seller, you may not owe us any amounts in connection with a Reversal where the following eligibility requirements are met for a transaction:

the item is sold on eBay;
you receive payment via PayPal;
you provide us with valid Proof of Shipment for the sale; and
the item is sent to the address specified on the "Transaction Details Page".

You guys really do get screwed!! eBay have truly set themselves up for a win/win scenario. Paypal has also gone to a two way exhange rate. Buy/Sell now. Just like Travelex. And is it ALWAYS a few cents off to make them more..

Couchy

ausreenactor

And we can still pay for eBay Australia buys with Bank Transfer, Money Order or Cheque. Tip for the wise...list on eBay Australia ;)

You get over $100 of buffer space before you require Proof of Delivery

"Signature Confirmation as described below for payments of $250 USD or more or the following foreign currency equivalents:

350 Australian Dollar (AUD)"

They have failed to reflect the slide in the US$!!