• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman new website

Andrew

Ha, I was just about to post the same thing. How high can they go? $2500US or at today's rates $3100AU. What kind of maniac (distinct from the fashion maniacs that see that as normal) would ever pay that much for a repro? I wonder if any original would achieve that price...

CBI

Yep, the prices have really gotten just too high. I understand, craftsmanship, materials, etc. Items for the 1% only now (not trying to be political). We sure don't talk about "inflation" anymore, but its really through the roof.

I think even if I had the money, I am simply not interested enough in spending that much on something like this.......and I have been a pretty enthusiastic collector and still am.

oh well, nice to look at though and good looking website.

John Lever

Agree. My buying days for new jackets are over. The problem is sellers will use the new prices as a base for used values. Nuts.

littlebuddy

I understand material prices increasing , being in the building industry , but pay scales are not in line with inflation ,
So what is the percentage increase on a typical jacket from say, last year to this to this present moment in time ???
Anyone care to take a stab ??

Falcon_52

I'm with you guys. I just cannot spend this kind of money on a new ultra high-end jacket anymore. I know Eastman is top-tier and their materials and craftsmanship are excellent but I'm really being priced out of the market.

That being said, there must be a market out there or these jackets wouldn't exist right?

Noel

John Lever

I can afford them but can't justify spending 1500 quid on a jacket when I can have 10 days in the Med. for the same price.

CBI

I know that some high-end makers are keeping extremely busy even with the higher prices so more power to them.

Not complaining about the prices, I get it.

These jackets represent the by-gone days. Every-man jackets. I guess not anymore.

Back in the day, you had ONE leather jacket and wore the hell out of it, giving it that great iconic look.

Strangely, maybe we will go back to that esthetic since we will only be able to afford ONE and wear the heck out of it like were supposed to in the first place!!!!!!!!

Roughwear

John Lever said:
I can afford them but can't justify spending 1500 quid on a jacket when I can have 10 days in the Med. for the same price.

£1599 in fact! Wow! I have not even paid that amount for a near mint original Irvin.

Silver Surfer

based on the most recent news feed regarding the the falling asian, and us stock markets, i dont see high priced jackets being a "have to have" right now. chinese buyers? maybe in a coupla months or a more. europe, the uk? ditto. for what its worth, imho, this is a shitty time to launch expensive anything.

YoungMedic

Maybe they don't want to produce as many so increasing their price will reduce the demand for the shearling jackets