• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman new website

ADC

Make big face jacket for rich Chinese princelings to wear in their Ferrari's and shopping malls. Little chance of seeing one on the sidewalk in China. Rich folks don't walk much over there.

a2jacketpatches

ADC said:
Make big face jacket for rich Chinese princelings to wear in their Ferrari's and shopping malls. Little chance of seeing one on the sidewalk in China. Rich folks don't walk much over there.

My wife is always telling me a story about the status symbols in Asian Culture. Just yesterday she was trying to justify how her friend uses the $12000.00 purse for special occasions but the $2000.00 purse when she drives her $90,000.00 Porsche to her waitress job. She works 12-14 hours a day 6 days a week and spends about a month in Thailand every year.

Another Thai friend of hers has an American husband that has maxed out all of her credit cards to have $600.00 ties and other outrageously priced items, I'm to the point where I don't even listen anymore. Maxed out cards about says it all, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!!!!

But high priced leather jackets? sounds reasonable compared. I can't afford it personally but just may spend the money to have at least one.

colekwok

China (Mainland) may be a new market for repros, but I guess only few of them possess our kind of taste for vintage style flight jackets at the moment (speaking with my own ethnic background). If they are going to spend that kind of money, it will be on Gucci, Prada, Armani etc. Though, I heard that ELC have quite a big presence in the Taiwan vintage scene.

The worrying thing about the price hike is, like many previous occasions, other major manufacturers will follow suit right away. But anyway, same as many of you fellows here, I have already been priced out of the market. Unless I see something really attracting, it will be very hard for me to pull the trigger again on any new A2 or alike.

ButteMT61

Problem is, just like when "Top Gun" came out, people - the average Joe, Jose, Jang, etc. won't know a $200 G-1 from a $2000 G-1. Period.
So unless you have a real knowledge or passion for this stuff, or just a good eye for quality, you won't see the average (fill in the blank) looking for an ELC/GW/Aero/LW, etc.
That's fine with me. Just like motorcycles and other things I love - I'm happier being unique (as is possible) when going out.
If all you're after is the look, then a cheaper item might be fine.

And purses are my personal ticket to gear for me. No $90,000 purses, but they are on par with my jackets. Both of us are happy...when we have the money. :lol:

a2jacketpatches

ButteMT61 said:
Problem is, just like when "Top Gun" came out, people - the average Joe, Jose, Jang, etc. won't know a $200 G-1 from a $2000 G-1. Period.
So unless you have a real knowledge or passion for this stuff, or just a good eye for quality, you won't see the average (fill in the blank) looking for an ELC/GW/Aero/LW, etc.
That's fine with me. Just like motorcycles and other things I love - I'm happier being unique (as is possible) when going out.

And purses are my personal ticket to gear for me. No $90,000 purses, but they are on par with my jackets. Both of us are happy...when we have the money. :lol:

$90,000.00 Porsche. I do grit my teeth when my wife is looking at 500- or even 1000- purses online but like you say, on par.

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:

I would happily have a purse with $90,000 in it?

John Lever

Just noticed that the price of the 1944 irvin does not include the time worn finish that was previously included in the cost. I never liked though anyway.