• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman / Aero price gouging on overseas sales

John Lever

I am very happy to leave this now as we have all had our say. I would like to respect the opinions of others and I also think the disagreements damage the forum.
I am going on holiday to Sicily in a day or so so might not be around for a couple of weeks.

Dr H

Don't worry John, I like to think that the thread will be waiting for you on your return ;)
I like to think of it as the 'first' 35 pages... :lol:
BTW happy hols...

Jeff M

John Lever said:
I am very happy to leave this now as we have all had our say. I would like to respect the opinions of others and I also think the disagreements damage the forum.
I am going on holiday to Sicily in a day or so so might not be around for a couple of weeks.

Don't worry.
The way this is going, it will still be front page when you get back ;)

(Let us know if you pick up any nice Italian leather jackets while there....and what their policy is on tax refunds/charges on foreign sales.
"For Italians, the price is X...plus Y in taxes.
For foreigners.....the cost is X plus Y. But no taxes!!! :lol: )

John Lever

As it's Sicily I might give them an offer they can't refuse....second thoughts, I don't want to end up sleeping with the fishes !

Dr H

In Sicily, one makes an offer that can't be refused if certain film makers are to be believed... ;)

Ah, predictably great minds think alike (or run through the old stereotypes) :lol:

Vcruiser

ButteMT61 said:
I think this thread should be shut down. :lol:

Have fun in italia John.

Wait one minute Junior

Let me offer a simple explanation..then I'm sure BF will close this damn thing.

WE..Stateside *DO* *NOT* *PAY* VAT from ELC/Aero
WE..Stateside *DO* *PAY* FAT from ELC/AERO
( Fat American Toll)
Case closed!

Jaguar46

Here's my contribution to the ongoing littany of useless posting.

While the Olympics are on, I say we go for the record.

Jaguar46

Vcruiser said:

( Fat American Toll)
Case closed!

The question, for which an answer has not been actually stated, is what do the upset folks here think Aero/ELC should do to correct the perceived errant business practice?

Vcruiser

Jaguar46 said:
Vcruiser said:

( Fat American Toll)
Case closed!

The question, for which an answer has not been actually stated, is what do the upset folks here think Aero/ELC should do to correct the perceived errant business practice?

OK..now you're trying to start something else before everyone here is anywhere near clear about the simple stuff. :roll:

Jeff M

Jaguar46 said:

Easy.
Do what this company does on their sales;
Eastman A1 jacket. ;

http://www.youmustcreate.com/products/j ... er-jacket/

Their policy re; non UK sales and VAT;

http://www.youmustcreate.com/payment-and-security/

"Sales Tax
All prices on our site are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of European Union sales tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate. If your order is being despatched outside the European Union (EU) then we will deduct VAT.

When you are at your shopping bag page, you can select the intended destination for your order, and we will automatically calculate the relevant shipping and VAT."

Clear. Concise. No confusion about what they are doing.

ButteMT61

Jaguar46 said:
Vcruiser said:

( Fat American Toll)
Case closed!

Simple. Charge Brits 20% over the posted price on their respective websites.
30% for fat Brits :lol:

Vcruiser

ButteMT61 said:
Jaguar46 said:
Vcruiser said:

( Fat American Toll)
Case closed!

Simple. Charge Brits 20% over the posted price on their respective websites.
30% for fat Brits :lol:

Thank gawd JL doesn't qualify for the 30... ;)

Otter

Rampant Fatism!!! :twisted: Unfair to the gentleman of the fuller figure! 50 pages here we go.