• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A-10 gloves

rikitiki

srivats said:
Doug C said:
Hey guys I know this is a thread about the eastman's and as stated earlier - I want a pair, but since the Garcia's have been mentioned I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a picture or two of mine. I've removed the knits, just because I hated the combinaton of knits on the gloves and jacket, felt like they were competeing for wrist space.. and besides these were cheap. Now I think of them as being more like the summer flying gloves (can't remember the model number). The plan is to wear the eastmans or ricksons with my Indy jackets that have no knit cuff.

I came here to post just this ... wearing any jacket with knit cuffs and these gloves looks very odd and uncomfortable too. The eastman gloves are great but they look good only with jackets that have no knits ... since the only regular jacket I have is vintage lightweight halfbet, I have half a mind to sell my gloves and get another pair that I can actually use. Anyone looking for one of these PM me.

I have thin wrists and I place my A-2 cuffs directly over my A-10 glove cuffs and it looks okay.

A

Anonymous

srivats said:
Doug C said:
Hey guys I know this is a thread about the eastman's and as stated earlier - I want a pair, but since the Garcia's have been mentioned I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a picture or two of mine. I've removed the knits, just because I hated the combinaton of knits on the gloves and jacket, felt like they were competeing for wrist space.. and besides these were cheap. Now I think of them as being more like the summer flying gloves (can't remember the model number). The plan is to wear the eastmans or ricksons with my Indy jackets that have no knit cuff.

I came here to post just this ... wearing any jacket with knit cuffs and these gloves looks very odd and uncomfortable too. The eastman gloves are great but they look good only with jackets that have no knits ... since the only regular jacket I have is vintage lightweight halfbet, I have half a mind to sell my gloves and get another pair that I can actually use. Anyone looking for one of these PM me.

I'll beg to differ there. I don't have any problems with conflicting cuffs. Nor did the USAAF pilots . Or at least, if they did, it didn't seem to be a big deal compared to the working environment that they sat and worked in - cold and very noisy. I don't recall reading any memoire where the aircrew complained about their A-2 gloves :eek: I think we are in danger of looking for a "fully integrated interface between individual items of kit" that wasn't in the original designer's thinking. Of course, it's all horses for courses !! :D

Although I do prefer to wear my F-2 electrically heated gloves with the A-2 & B-10...............

Dave ;) ;)

Doug C

Yea, it's just a preference thing unless you're trying to fall on the stricker side of what was authentic, which I'm not really into. If I'd been wearing these items while in the military I wouldn't have cared one iota but as for wearing them as 'street wear', that's where this detail bugs me a little..because it's more about looks and does feel kinda funky IMHO. I wouldn't expect too many others here to "feel me" on this one though.

Doug C

A

Anonymous

I get what you're saying Doug.

I wonder what Freud could have said about what the way you wear your knit to knit says about you !! Mine are both scrunched up and against each other. Does that mean I like conflict ? :lol: :lol:

Dave

A

Anonymous

Doug C said:
Yes those look much better than the Garcia's I bought- which are not the least bit warm BTW.. they are only slightly less cold than not using a glove. I like the eastmans alot, but I really would like to get the ricksons, but nobody ever seems to get them..maybe the price.

Doug C

Just came across this post because I am doing some research on who makes the best repro A-10s - I have noticed a few reproers mentioned here, but no one mentions the Aero A-10s. Anyone have any opinions about them?

Also, where can I see photos of the Ricksons?

Any help or input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Best to all!

Bill K.

Chandler

Finally took a snap of my ELC A-10s. Can't remember exactly, but I think I bought these in the late 90s. I opted for no AAF decal emblem -- wanted them to be representative of being older issue.

I like the style and the goatskin, to a point, but the hide has that spongy character that seems to come from chrome tanning.

A-10lores.jpg

Chandler