• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A-10 gloves

A

Anonymous

A few photos of my A-10's. Lovely gloves for driving or posing about town. Very warm too which suprised me. I recommend them to anyone. FAR better than Garcia's !!

A-1001.jpg

A-1002.jpg

A-1003.jpg

A-1004.jpg

A-1005.jpg

Enjoy,
Dave

Tim P

Mt Garcias were a tenner. no comparison. the Eastman ones are great.
how do the buzz ones compare? quality and price wise...as if I have to ask.... ;)

A

Anonymous

With the Eastman ones I would recommend ordering a size up from your usual glove size. Anyone else agree ?

Dave

Marv

I have a pair of the Eastmans myself and have to agree, an excellent pair of gloves, comfortable and warm too.

Chandler

JACKET_ HEAD said:
With the Eastman ones I would recommend ordering a size up from your usual glove size. Anyone else agree ?

I don't know what my "usual" size would really be -- most all of my gloves don't carry a specific size, just Large. I believe I traced my hands on a sheet of paper and sent that along to HPA in order to ensure proper fit.

Chandler

Doug C

Yes those look much better than the Garcia's I bought- which are not the least bit warm BTW.. they are only slightly less cold than not using a glove. I like the eastmans alot, but I really would like to get the ricksons, but nobody ever seems to get them..maybe the price.

Doug C

Curahee

Chandler said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

I don't know what my "usual" size would really be -- most all of my gloves don't carry a specific size, just Large. I believe I traced my hands on a sheet of paper and sent that along to HPA in order to ensure proper fit.

Chandler

You can find it on the Eastman website under size chart. Measure your hand around the knuckles. I ordered
the size that came out and they fit "like a glove". The goat leather is very strong and should last for years to
come. Best gloves I ever bought.

better duck

Curahee said:
Best gloves I ever bought.

Agree!
I had the convenience of trying on different pairs when visiting Eastman in Ivybridge last year, so mine fit like the proverbial glove too. Still, had to stretch them by bending my knuckles quite a few times, before they really became comfortable.
This is good procedure, because, had I bought one size bigger, they, over time would have become to wide. And since they are short gloves, would tend to slide off your hand.

Doug C

funny you bring that up because after I had my Garcia one's for a while and had already planned to one day get a better brand of A-10 gloves, I told myself to get them a size smaller than usuall because they became looser than I wanted over time. So yea, I think that's a good tip. I even thought I'd wear them wet for a while if need be, the stretch them.

Doug C

A

Anonymous

Well, I have to say that my A-10s haven't stretched. They haven't needed to as they are the right size. I don't think that the intention of the A-10 was to be like a second skin. You need room in them to allow blood circulation. Certainly the photos I've seen of them being worn don't show them tight like drivng gloves. I'll stand by my original remark. I have enough room to get silk liners under them if it gets cold enough .

Dave

Doug C

yep, and that's fair enough.. it's true they weren't skin tight. My remarks were just based on my personal experience and preferene with these gloves in general. I certainly wouldn't want to steer anyone in getting a pair they ended up hateing because they were too snug, so YMMV.

Doug C

Doug C

Hey guys I know this is a thread about the eastman's and as stated earlier - I want a pair, but since the Garcia's have been mentioned I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a picture or two of mine. I've removed the knits, just because I hated the combinaton of knits on the gloves and jacket, felt like they were competeing for wrist space.. and besides these were cheap. Now I think of them as being more like the summer flying gloves (can't remember the model number). The plan is to wear the eastmans or ricksons with my Indy jackets that have no knit cuff. The Garcia's aren't really that bad but I have had several small threads start to come loose and need to be snipped off, the goatskin is fairly descent but it looks like the eastman's leather is nicer to my eyes. Here's the modified Garcia's :

Doug C

C.J.

I just bought a pair last week and absolutely love them. They're suprisingly warm for their weight and look great too.

srivats

I ordered my pair of A-10 gloves today ... it was getting cold and I am going to be traveling soon too.

rikitiki

Just bought a BLACK goatskin Buzz Rickson A-10 gloves on Ebay. It will complement my black goatskin G&B A-2. I can hardly wait for shipment. Will post pictures. Then I plan to buy an Eastman A-10 in BROWN. Will post a comparison in the future.

srivats

Doug C said:
Hey guys I know this is a thread about the eastman's and as stated earlier - I want a pair, but since the Garcia's have been mentioned I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a picture or two of mine. I've removed the knits, just because I hated the combinaton of knits on the gloves and jacket, felt like they were competeing for wrist space.. and besides these were cheap. Now I think of them as being more like the summer flying gloves (can't remember the model number). The plan is to wear the eastmans or ricksons with my Indy jackets that have no knit cuff.

I came here to post just this ... wearing any jacket with knit cuffs and these gloves looks very odd and uncomfortable too. The eastman gloves are great but they look good only with jackets that have no knits ... since the only regular jacket I have is vintage lightweight halfbet, I have half a mind to sell my gloves and get another pair that I can actually use. Anyone looking for one of these PM me.