• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David D Doniger size 42

Roughwear

A few weeks ago I sold my size 40 Doniger as it was a little tight across the chest and was not expecting to see a larger size one for sales for months, if at all. So when Simon listed his size 42 I decided to go for it! Hopefully a decision I wont regret! It fits like a wartime 44 and I know from the measurements it will fit me fine. This A2 is in superb condition and impossible to up-grade I would guess. Can anyone tell me about the patch as I forgot to ask Simon!

I will post more pics when it arrives, but here are the pics from the auction.

f0498.jpg

CIMG1392.jpg

CIMG1384.jpg

CIMG1390.jpg

CIMG1385.jpg

CIMG1388-1.jpg

CIMG1389.jpg

u2367.jpg

f0501.jpg

I might just be selling a few jackets in the near future! ;)

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
A few weeks ago I sold my size 40 Doniger as it was a little tight across the chest and was not expecting to see a larger size one for sales for months, if at all. So when Simon listed his size 42 I decided to go for it! Hopefully a decision I wont regret! It fits like a wartime 44 and I know from the measurements it will fit me fine. This A2 is in superb condition and impossible to up-grade I would guess. Can anyone tell me about the patch as I forgot to ask Simon!

I will post more pics when it arrives, but here are the pics from the auction.

f0498.jpg

CIMG1392.jpg

CIMG1384.jpg

CIMG1390.jpg

CIMG1385.jpg

CIMG1388-1.jpg

CIMG1389.jpg

u2367.jpg

f0501.jpg

I might just be selling a few jackets in the near future! ;)

the patch, i think it's the predecessor to the ATC.........if not mistaken Air Ferry Command

simon being the gentleman is will supply the provenance of the jkt..........

Roughwear

I believe I have traced the vet, one J.F.Fyock-Jack F. Fyock who enlisted in the Air Corps on 17th March 1942 at BAER FIELD FT WAYNE INDIANA. He was born in 1916 and is listed in an accident report(no details) which I found on the web.I asked Simon for more information on him and he confirmed the accident report and said he was a command pilot for the ASC chief, Gen. Miller. I will see if I can get hold of a copy of the accident report.

Roughwear

I have found out more about General Henry Miller-quite a colourful figure it seems!

1941 - 1942Commanding General of the Air Service Command, Patterson Field, Ohio; from 15.12.1941, Washington, D.C.
1942 - 1943Commanding General of the VIII Air Force Service Command, England
1943 - 1944Commanding General of the IX Air Force Service Command, England (relieved of duty and reduced in grade to Colonel by General Dwight D. Eisenhower for breach of security - while drunk in a London hotel, Miller publicly took bets that the D-Day invasion would occur before 15.06.1944)
1944 Retired (disability in line of duty) with rank of Brigadier-General

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
I have found out more about General Henry Miller-quite a colourful figure it seems!

1941 - 1942Commanding General of the Air Service Command, Patterson Field, Ohio; from 15.12.1941, Washington, D.C.
1942 - 1943Commanding General of the VIII Air Force Service Command, England
1943 - 1944Commanding General of the IX Air Force Service Command, England (relieved of duty and reduced in grade to Colonel by General Dwight D. Eisenhower for breach of security - while drunk in a London hotel, Miller publicly took bets that the D-Day invasion would occur before 15.06.1944)
1944 Retired (disability in line of duty) with rank of Brigadier-General

scorcher!

Andrew,

I'm the buyer of your too-small Doniger, and wanted to take a moment to say thanks for the great sale and also that I'm thrilled with the jacket. My first Doniger, and it's clearly different than the ones I've seen and had before, original and repro. Very light, comfortable, pattern. Do you own a GW Repro Doniger as well?

Roughwear

horseback leader said:
Andrew,

I'm the buyer of your too-small Doniger, and wanted to take a moment to say thanks for the great sale and also that I'm thrilled with the jacket. My first Doniger, and it's clearly different than the ones I've seen and had before, original and repro. Very light, comfortable, pattern. Do you own a GW Repro Doniger as well?

Hi horseback leader. I am delighted that you like my smaller Doniger. Yes I do have a GW Doniger which is awesome and a great daily wearer! Welcome to the forum.

asiamiles

As you say, in pretty much "impossible to upgrade" condition. From the pics it looks like goat, correct?

veli1

Roughwear said:
asiamiles said:
As you say, in pretty much "impossible to upgrade" condition. From the pics it looks like goat, correct?

Yes, Miles its goat.

Hello Andrew,
Congratulations on your new purchase! On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate GW Doniger repro against your new Doniger original?

Looking at J.C's photo I'm so amazed, repro Doniger is a damn good reproduction!

comparison_front.jpg

Roughwear

Now the Doniger John is wearing is the one which Simon owned and asked him to clone. When it comes I will compare it with my GW Doniger. I have uploaded under repros pics of my previous original size 40 Doniger comparing it with my GW Doniger. The GW is spot on!

veli1

Roughwear said:
Now the Doniger John is wearing is the one which Simon owned and asked him to clone. When it comes I will compare it with my GW Doniger. I have uploaded under repros pics of my previous original size 40 Doniger comparing it with my GW Doniger. The GW is spot on!

Thanks Andrew,
please what is your height, weight and chest measurement?- I believe we have the same body measurements, I ordered my GW Doniger in size 42.

Roughwear

veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

Thanks Andrew,
please what is your height, weight and chest measurement?- I believe we have the same body measurements, I ordered my GW Doniger in size 42.

I am 6ft tall with a 38" chest and weigh 13 stone.

Roughwear

I will be receiving full copies of the accident which Fyock was involved in from the USA (Accident-Report.com). This is what I know so far:

DATE: December 9, 1943
AIRCRAFT: L-3C 43-1775
PILOT/CREW MEMBER: 1LT Jack F Fyock, O-737408, HQ & HQ Sq, ASC
REMARKS: Taxiing Accident

I wonder whether he was wearing the Doniger at the time of the accident?

veli1

Roughwear said:
veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

Thanks Andrew,

I am 6ft tall with a 38" chest and weigh 13 stone.

Thank you Andrew.