• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious, seeking info on this jacket

Dumpster D

What do you have for a 'main' zipper? There's some really good 'vintage' style Talon zippers available, hopefully someone could help find a good replacement if you ever decided this jacket would be a worthwhile project to tackle.

amccleary

What do you have for a 'main' zipper? There's some really good 'vintage' style Talon zippers available, hopefully someone could help find a good replacement if you ever decided this jacket would be a worthwhile project to tackle.
Here’s what’s left of the main zipper. It’s missing the base — the female piece and the actual zipper, for lack of better terminology
IMG_0501.jpeg
IMG_0502.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg

Dumpster D

Confirm first if the zipper is not the original itself...usually you can spot some evidence if you study the stitching, you might notice the thread color and lines are not a match to the original thread holes if the zipper has been replaced. if It's the original zipper, it's hard to say whether to leave it or install a new one...depends if you really plan to wear the jacket or not I guess.

It's a bit of a collectors item at this point I would say.

And if you don't know a part, or name of a part, or part of a part, just look it up:

1706838962930.png

1706839130042.png

Micawber

I would say 50’s and into 60’s. I say that because I remember my mum sending me to kindergarten with a tiger print banky for nap time. 1965. But I also remember a lot of women’s coats in tiger or leopard. In the 70’s it went to pimps hats:(;)

I distinctly remember quite a few girls and women wearing coats made of the same material back in the early '60's..