• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check this out...a Monarch M-422 (not A)

rpmooreii

Just picked this baby up...not only a Monarch but M-422..pre A!! John C mentioned that this is one of the rarest navy jackets made...I am a happy camper to have landed this one! Note the low contract number which is only a bit off the Switlik M-422 and the cool ori. black painted Talon.

I am sending it off to John as he wants to check it out....maybe a repro will be in the offing?!?

It probably has the coolest goatskin of any Navy jacket that I have ever seen and as most of you know, I have had a lot of them :D

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

sgbailey2002

Grant has one that is mint and fits him. I had one but it was a 38 so I sold it. The sleeves were so short on these you have to get a larger size.

SGB

ties70

Roger,

congratulations! That colour is just awesome, I really like the reddish undertones.

Ties

rpmooreii

Thick and supple w/ no signs of weakness. This was a great find...I have been searching for a Monarch for some time and to find a M-422 was the icing on the cake. Only problem is that I can't wear a sz 40 :cry:

bazelot

Are you selling soon?????
This jacket is amazing. Awesome color tone. This is abeauty. Where did you get it. I love navy jackets as well. Congrats (a bit jealous here though)

rpmooreii

Might sell it as I typically only keep the ones that fit...on the other hand I have never had one this cool so it might just stay in the closet. I had a really cool patched Cagleco (sz40) that I regret selling even though it didn't fit so I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I am getting some matched cuffs for it and John C. is going to play w/ it for awhile.

fishmeok

How do you think the finish was applied to that jacket? Is that spray dyed?
AMAZING patina on that thing...
Cheers
Mark

jacketimp

rpmooreii said:
Might sell it as I typically only keep the ones that fit...on the other hand I have never had one this cool so it might just stay in the closet. I had a really cool patched Cagleco (sz40) that I regret selling even though it didn't fit so I don't want to make the same mistake twice. I am getting some matched cuffs for it and John C. is going to play w/ it for awhile.

keep us updated........

rpmooreii

Strange in what way? The waistband is a single ply rib rack just like the WWII era M-422A jackets. As far4 as I know that is what was used on the M-422. Also on close examination there are NO extra stitch lines that would indicate it was ever swapped and it matches the remnants of the cut off original cuffs perfectly. I am virtually certain the waistband is original.

rotagz

Nice one Roger. About the sleeves. I had a G&F 422 once, also with cuffs removed. The sleeves were very short on it. I think that, unless a guy had gator arms, they had to cut the cuffs off for function's sake.

Cheers,
Bo

rpmooreii

Hi Bo,

Do you mean that the sleeves were so short that they shortened them even more by removing the cuffs (I guess so that the tight cuff did not ride up on the forearm)? If that was a normal thing to do in the day, maybe I won't replace the cuffs. I figured they got tattered at some point and were cut off so they weren't hanging. Interesting thought...thanks for the insight.

...Roger