• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caps/Hats/headgear to wear with your flight jackets...

mulceber

Knit cap that @Nnatalie made for me:
D99409EE-F7C9-489C-8186-E32872A2C84D_1_105_c.jpeg

Chandler

You missed the most of which part.
No, I caught it -- I'm still just wondering why they're only making a few of the vintage versions if they're working with New Era.

Go back a few pages and look at my post about American Needle who used to make many various eras (no pun) caps of every team -- but had to "cease and desist" because of New Era.

Still haven't forgiven NE for that.

Stravaiger

Ok you hat fans out there/on here name the 5 caps here and who precisely were likely to wear them in their time, aye like no an ’issue‘thing , four of them are for field cap lovers probably around primary two level but ONE is tough so give it a go ……remember the rightful wearers of the solid colour cap took prisoners, one or two of the Camo lot took some prisoners but no as a strict rule , AYE the first one with all ABSOLUTELY CORRECT will get an acknowledgement of their recognition skills. No comment on any that are close but no at the cigar stage.
IMG_0602.jpeg

Chandler

Lower right looks like the Austrian field cap I have in that fall pattern and a spring pattern.

Mine doesn't have the seam along the crown, though.

Greg Gale

My AMH Crusher cap was finally shipped, I missed it by a month, but that's not the point. The point is that ordering from the UK to Hungary I had to pay 100 GBP customs and taxes, how absolutely f-ed up is that? It's daylight robbery, that's what it is. But at this point of course I can't choose not to pay it...arrgh....

Enigma1938

Before Brexit I ordered often and gladly in UK, but after that I had two or three experiences like you guys with astronomical custom fees and decided not to buy anything in UK anymore, even there may be some great stuff I could really use.
(The whole shipping procedure when ordering from there is a pain in the Ass too, they need a thousand documents and stuff and one guy has no idea what another one does....)

Pa12

Before Brexit I ordered often and gladly in UK, but after that I had two or three experiences like you guys with astronomical custom fees and decided not to buy anything in UK anymore, even there may be some great stuff I could really use.
(The whole shipping procedure when ordering from there is a pain in the Ass too, they need a thousand documents and stuff and one guy has no idea what another one does....)
My AMH Crusher cap was finally shipped, I missed it by a month, but that's not the point. The point is that ordering from the UK to Hungary I had to pay 100 GBP customs and taxes, how absolutely f-ed up is that? It's daylight robbery, that's what it is. But at this point of course I can't choose not to pay it...arrgh....
Shitty. Going to hurt these businesses and cut down on international sales. Shipping alone has become insanely expensive, never mind duty and tax on top.

Griffon_301

just a further example - Buzz Rickson in the EU.
as you will know, BR is basically done in Europe by Gary Eastman.
so any BR garments need to be ordered at the BR subsidiary in the UK, managed by Gary and his staff.
and they insist on importing BR from Japan to the UK and then exporting it to the EU.

while there are trade agreements in place between Japan and the EU with not much beaurocracy or customs madness involved when ordering goods in Japan from any EU country, this cannot be said for imports from the UK to the EU.

the customer therefor ends up with prices that are way higher than need be, if Stores like Fardin could directly purchase and import from Hinoya in Japan, the mother company of BR.

but Gary doesn't like that and thats the end of the story.

Greg Gale

Oh yes, I had to fill out 3 different forms with the sender’s neighbour’s dog’s vaccination dates and favorite Indiana Jones movie…insane. I could go deeper with this rant but that would mean diving into politics. I agree, Brexit literally cut the possibility of buying from the UK. Especially if you live in a country where VAT is 27% so that the rich can abuse it and get richer, and the poor can pay it for the PM’s friends to buy yachts…sometimes I just wanna launch myself into the Moon.