• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caps/Hats/headgear to wear with your flight jackets...

B-Man2

Here's the lids I use...

HgYV58g.jpg
11214BCD-B96F-4B61-B4EC-1BBBF52EE1B6.gif

MauldinFan

To be honest, I usually just wear baseball caps normally. I have a couple AAF mechanics caps and a B1 pilot's cap, but I wouldn't wear those in public much outside of a WW2 event or collectors show.
My problem is I inherited a Slavic cranium from my Grandmother's side of the family, so many hats won't fit, even adjustable ones. "One size fits all" does NOT work well for my father, myself nor my brother! Even my nephew has the curse of the larger noggin, but not quite as bad as I do. So, when I find a hat that'll fit that I like the look of, I will usually buy it. I'll never go broke buying hats if I limit them to what I might wear and fits well!
The one I have worn the most since 2019 was bought at a tourist RR in Colorado when my wife got me a trip to all the railroads in that state for my 50th birthday that year.
20230331_143601.jpg

I like the hat so much that I tried buying another but the gift shop was sold out. I found another on eBay, new with the tags. This one I wear is faded from its original color, and only once it's too natty to wear out, will it get replaced.
The ultimate of course. Just hard to pull off as daily wear. Maybe without the badge?;)
Yes, but I do living history events, so I should get some wear time from this.
20221110_080231-01.jpeg

I don't wear my AAF stuff that much as I don't look the part as I did when I got into this stuff in my late teens, but I also do a war correspondent impression and crushers weren't uncommon at all on their heads.

Last edited:

Pa12

To be honest, I usually just wear baseball caps normally. I have a couple AAF mechanics caps and a B1 pilot's cap, but I wouldn't wear those in public much outside of a WW2 event or collectors show.
The one I have worn the most since 2019 was bought at a tourist RR in Colorado when my wife got me a trip to all the railroads in that state for my 50th birthday that year.
View attachment 103335

View attachment 103337
I don't wear my AAF stuff that much as I don't look the part as I did when I got into this stuff in my late teens, but I also do a war correspondent impression and crushers weren't uncommon at all on their heads..
V
View attachment 103335

View attachment 103337
I don't wear my AAF stuff that much as I don't look the part as I did when I got into this stuff in my late teens, but I also do a war correspondent impression and crushers weren't uncommon at all on their heads.
Very cool. Enjoy. I wish we were still living in the days when “everyone “wore a hat.

Micawber

I have one or two hats, whether I get the time to get some out to photograph is another thing. I sold virtually all my military headgear many moons ago... not that I would ever wear any day to day though.

Pa12

I have one or two hats, whether I get the time to get some out to photograph is another thing. I sold virtually all my military headgear many moons ago... not that I would ever wear any day to day though.
It’s funny, I seem to have gobs of hats and I rarely wear a hat. Go figure.

Thomas Koehle

US Air Force "wanna be" motorcycle helmet made by Toys McCoy i wear occasionally ...

I love the helmet coz of the design and use it mostly on my moped - i was after one of them for quiet some time since i saw them in one of the McCoys catalogues and finally found one via a friend who imported it on his own from Japan

KNKQ5YJ.jpg

AM953dk.jpg

LhzHBS8.jpg

zBMthYz.jpg

Wl4XHez.jpg

Chandler

Here are a few images I have digitized -- I rotate baseball caps on bad weather days and the "fancy" ones when I have the urge. ;)

"Vintage" Mitchell & Ness repro of Milwaukee Braves -- great, soft wool with a real leather sweatband. M&N went out of biz some years ago, unfortunately.
Zx4tLuC.jpg

A collection of old, used up caps I recently discarded.
n5zpCHS.jpg

A reshaped stetson I bought to replace and commemorate the one my late grandfather wore for many years.
DqOFIOv.jpg

Digitizing some more to come.

Pa12

Here are a few images I have digitized -- I rotate baseball caps on bad weather days and the "fancy" ones when I have the urge. ;)

"Vintage" Mitchell & Ness repro of Milwaukee Braves -- great, soft wool with a real leather sweatband. M&N went out of biz some years ago, unfortunately.
Zx4tLuC.jpg

A collection of old, used up caps I recently discarded.
n5zpCHS.jpg

A reshaped stetson I bought to replace and commemorate the one my late grandfather wore for many years.
DqOFIOv.jpg

Digitizing some more to come.
Cool. Yould fit right in out in Calgary. White Stetson is an icon there.