• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Capri Bell for Sale

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
Over the last few weeks, I've seen Capri Bells sell in the average range between $15 - $25.

The cheaper ones are usually repros, or there's something wrong with them.

.... or just badly listed.

Vcruiser

Several years ago dated original Capri bells complete with chain and bar were going for $50-100 on the bay.
Van

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Yep ... I made some notes in 2006, when I was looking to buy one. Several made closer to $200.

442RCT

I thought Capri Bells were cheap tourist trinkets sold by the thousands. When visiting the island of Capri travelers would buy a good luck bell made by the monks of Ste. Michele from street vendors or souvenir shops, with an accompanying pamphlet explaining the legend of the Capri bell, kind'a like tourists buying a bullfight poster in Spain, wooden shoes from Holland, a lei from Hawaii, etc..

jacketimp

is the recession over?

i'm still stuck with it..........

or some of us are in denial.........there is no recession............figment of imaginations.......

jacketimp

442RCT said:
I thought Capri Bells were cheap tourist trinkets sold by the thousands. When visiting the island of Capri travelers would buy a good luck bell made by the monks of Ste. Michele from street vendors or souvenir shops, with an accompanying pamphlet explaining the legend of the Capri bell, kind'a like tourists buying a bullfight poster in Spain, wooden shoes from Holland, a lei from Hawaii, etc..

yeah.......kinda of like a toursite go to the far east and pick up Ming porcelain vases

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
I thought Capri Bells were cheap tourist trinkets sold by the thousands.

Sure ... ;)

... and we like the wartime ones from the 1940's, you know, back when the A-2 was issued by the thousand, and cost around $10.00.

jacketimp

deeb7 said:
442RCT said:
Over the last few weeks, I've seen Capri Bells sell in the average range between $15 - $25.

The cheaper ones are usually repros, or there's something wrong with them.

i agree......monkeys and peanuts come to mind........ ....

or just badly listed........some lucky dude :) .

havocpaul

I'm keeping quiet incase I get accused of believing the media again....woke up this morning, looked out my window and looks like recession still here...maybe should stay in bed and go California Dreamin'!

A

Anonymous

havocpaul said:
I'm keeping quiet incase I get accused of believing the media again....woke up this morning, looked out my window and looks like recession still here...maybe should stay in bed and go California Dreamin'!

Here you go again with your inflamatory remarks ,I say if your working and recieving a paycheck paying your bills and have spare cash to spend on what ever .What does it matter what the media is saying ,I am in New York not California.Yes you need to stay in bed and take a pill. :roll:

Jeff

havocpaul

DUBOWA2 said:
havocpaul said:

Here you go again with your inflamatory remarks ,I say if your working and recieving a paycheck paying your bills and have spare cash to spend on what ever .What does it matter what the media is saying ,I am in New York not California.Yes you need to stay in bed and take a pill. :roll:

Jeff

British humour not travelling then!! I know you're (in) the Big Apple, was referring to original poster who is in California and said recession over....BTW, the drugs are working so no need for any extra pills, cheers.

John Lever

We went to Italy several times when I was child, and went to Capri at least once. My mother still has a bracelet covered in silver charms purchased while there or San Marino , I'm sure one of them is a real silver bell from Capri...
It's from the 1960's so that would be well before cheap repro's were made.

TankBuster

Over the last couple of months I've bought (2) 1945 dated bells for under $30.
I also picked up a 1944 bell earlier in the year for a very reasonable price.
A member here also sent me a '45 bell as a gift. Thanks Jeff from NY! ;)

jacketimp

TankBuster said:
Over the last couple of months I've bought (2) 1945 dated bells for under $30.
I also picked up a 1944 bell earlier in the year for a very reasonable price.
A member here also sent me a '45 bell as a gift. Thanks Jeff from NY! ;)

whoever you friend is

i wanna play with him

i could do with a friend like yours