• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF Fleece-lined "Tankers"

MauldinFan

who could tell me what is the height of the size xl jacket? I'm 6'3’’ and need to know if these jackets are tall enough before ordering. I already tried a model (qmi brand) which when I raised my arms the bottom of the jacket went up to the navel.
I'd go with the XXL, though you might not need it.
I'm 6 feet tall with around a 34 or slightly more reach and my XL ATF winter combat jacket fits my sleeve length with room to spare, even wearing a hoodie underneath it.
As already pointed out, the design was never made to be long in the torso as a M43 jacket was...

Bilbear

I'd go with the XXL, though you might not need it.
I'm 6 feet tall with around a 34 or slightly more reach and my XL ATF winter combat jacket fits my sleeve length with room to spare, even wearing a hoodie underneath it.
As already pointed out, the design was never made to be long in the torso as a M43 jacket was...
Interesting, thanks. I usually wear 46 atf m41/42/43. This corresponds for winter jacket to XL according to ATF sizing chart. I'm afraid that xxl is really too large. Please Could you tell me the height of your jacket (without collar) ?
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Smithy

If shipping and customs were more favourable I'd buy another.

Hear, hear!

That's the problem now if you're not in the States, the shipping charges are bloody ludicrous.

I've bought a ton of stuff from ATF over the years as it's great. But recently their shipping charges are beyond the pale.

Last straw for me was when late last year I went to buy a Jerry toque (so a tube scarf). The scarf was $US9 but the shipping was a whopping $US41 ????!!!!

Tanker jackets look great, shipping charges not so much.

Thanks ATF, we had a lot of fun whilst it lasted but those shipping charges of yours mean the party is long over.

Bilbear

To have been a usual buyer of american stuff past years, Atf is not responsible for the shipping cost. I remember around 2018, all carrier have increase the shipping cost significatively. 2021 or 2022 European Union have choosen to tax all package from outside EU to protect internal market. So for european customers, buying US made products is now really expensive and price is easily doubled just with taxes and shipping. So if the product are availabable in EU it’s better to buy inside the area. If it’s not unfortunately it will be expensive.

(Sorry for this disgretion)

B-Man2

It’s really a shame that the UK Import fees are so punishing. I understand the reasoning behind their decision to impose such fees , but It really doesn’t make sense, particularly if people can’t acquire items in the UK that are normally manufactured there . Does anyone there beside Soldier of Fortune offer a decent repro tanker jacket ?

Pa12

It’s like that here now as well. Since Covid , shipping has gotten insane. Even within canada it’s almost doubled. From out of country you also have tax, exchange rate and sometimes duty. On cheaper items the shipping far exceeds the price of the item. On more expensive items (like a jacket) it will easily be 2 1/2 times the asking price. So a new Elc at say 1700 pounds, is about 3000 Canadian. With shipping, taxes and duty it could easily be 4000 Canadian. Enough to heat my house for 2 1/2 to 3 years

Micawber

Things are what they are, it’s not just a UK / European etc issue. We are all but minions in the grand scheme of politics, shipping costs and influence of fuel prices and war.

However the last jacket I bought from the US a few weeks ago (BR tanker) fitted into a flat rate box that took just a few days to arrive here and cost peanuts.

Chandler

Anyone making a reproduction pair o' them there bad boys? They look like the genesis from whence all the modern construction workwear evolved from.

Deee-eeee-eeecent!!!
There's one last pair on the WW2 Impressions sale page -- it's on odd size IIRC.

I think they stopped making them because they didn't sell.

Pa12

True enough. IT’s everything everywhere. I was shocked to find out a small aircraft tire 8.00 x6, is 500 dollars plus 150 for a tube . Each. Before Covid the tire and tube combined was 250. Car stuff is the same. Recently restored another old car and it will definitely be my last. Just too expensive now.

CBI

I actually really like the look of their current early pattern Tanker. Tempted but I never wore my Tankers enough to probably justify a re-purchase. Their first pattern is also with the wool lining. Looks nice!!!!!

Dumpster D

There's one last pair on the WW2 Impressions sale page -- it's on odd size IIRC.

I think they stopped making them because they didn't sell.

Thank you. I'll have to keep my eye for a used WWII impressions pair in that case. I would have bought some if I knew they made them. This is one of the main reasons I'm here, to find out about repro products that are more obscure or limited.

I checked and saw some originals online, they're not crazy expensive as I thought they would be, but I don't like to use original stuff for regular wear or anything other than display or keepsake items.

They would make awesome work pants.

MauldinFan

Just got my ATF tanker jacket a few minutes ago.
They'd changed them slightly on this new run. They added an interior pocket and a HBT tape across the neck line at the collar as a reinforcement. My earlier one was prone to stretching there and I had to have it repaired, so that's an improvement.
The knit cuffs are a slightly more OD green looking color than before. My earlier ATF one has been mistaken for an original several times, I'm not sure this one will over time.
Oh well, I'd only bought it for when my first one got to where it didn't look good enough for normal daily wear. Once that happens, I'll take the new one down and then put patches on my first one for living history events.
I'm still glad I got a new one because they sold out of XLs and XXLs within a few hours of announcing them.

MauldinFan

Would love to see comparison photos of both Jackets!!
I laid then side by side and was surprised to how different they really are.
Keep in mind that my earlier one has been outside LOT over several years, so it is faded.
20240117_201542-01.jpeg

The earlier one:
20240117_201439-01.jpeg

Here's the HBT band around the neck, which lacks on the earlier ones:
20240117_201610-01.jpeg

The interior pocket that the earlier one didn't have.
20240117_201621-01.jpeg

And the same Talon zipper on each.
20240117_201643.jpg