• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another nice Irvin from Aero

ButteMT61

Smithy said:
ButteMT61 said:
John Lever said:
Just heard from Ken it is back on sale

Hey John, talked with Craig (sloan) and he said the sheerling on one of the sleeves had prematurely worn through.

That's not too flash for a jacket that's only a month or two old but good on Aero for redoing the jacket.

Be interesting to know how this happened though, very odd for sheepskin to wear down that quickly.

Not odd at all. I had a sheerling Ushanka that had a similar issue with one bit of the hide. It's an animal after all, and I'd wager it happens to all makers of such things. Important fact is they took care of it ASAP and are looking into the reasons why. OTOH, you can wait for someone to contact you to get your fubar jacket fixed. I think that's a great story myself. Reading here I see others are having issues and waiting on some sort of resolution. Problems happen. It's how they're resolved that counts.

Smithy

ButteMT61 said:
Not odd at all. I had a sheerling Ushanka that had a similar issue with one bit of the hide. It's an animal after all, and I'd wager it happens to all makers of such things. Important fact is they took care of it ASAP and are looking into the reasons why. OTOH, you can wait for someone to contact you to get your fubar jacket fixed. I think that's a great story myself. Reading here I see others are having issues and waiting on some sort of resolution. Problems happen. It's how they're resolved that counts.

Jeez Butte I'm not having a go at Aero. As I said, good on them for sorting it out asap.

What I said was that it's odd and it would be interesting to know the reason why this happened. And yes, it is fairly unusual. I have had a serious interest in Irvins for the best part of ten years now and this is only the second or third time I have heard of this problem with a new repro and especially in such a short space of time.

Otter

ButteMT61 said:
John Lever said:
Just heard from Ken it is back on sale

Hey John, talked with Craig (sloan) and he said the sheerling on one of the sleeves had prematurely worn through (he could explain better) and Aero took 'er back and built him a new one ASAP. Gotta say, in spite of the "jacket wars" here and Hat Spot, you can't argue with that sort of service. I really want one, but it's so dopey living here. Still, for a travel piece and local mountaineering, I would love one in that new "red" hide.

Just went through LAX, wore my D1 against the wind and evening chill, got some use out of it up in Mammoth and over in Nevada the last few days.