• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another nice Irvin from Aero

coalman

WHAT A FANTASTIC JACKET !!!!!

I am now wondering if they could supply a jacket in exactly same sheepskin all niceley creased etc for me :lol:

Roughwear

This is the most authentic looking Aero Irvin that I have seen. The fleece is awesome and the new pattern sleeves look great.

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:
This is the most authentic looking Aero Irvin that I have seen. The fleece is awesome and the new pattern sleeves look great.

hell_frozen_over.jpg

:lol:

John Lever

ButteMT61 said:
Roughwear said:

hell_frozen_over.jpg

Welcome back Scott. That is very funny !
I think Ken and his team have done a great job remodelling the arm shape. The simple front panels combined with the rear diagonals are just right and not too fussy.
Let's hope this one's a goer for them.

ButteMT61

Hey guys. I am glad it was taken with the spirit in which I posted it. I must admit, I was reloading John's post to see if Andrew would comment. Of course he has the title of the most tough to please in this arena, so I'd say it means a lot that he found it pleasing. That, or well, it did freeze down there :lol:

I admit I was taken when Craig posted his russet jacket. He gets to test in in Chi-town soon, and I wager he's going to be smiling all the while. Aero has done well on their promise to up the repro game. Congrats.

Smithy

ButteMT61 said:
Roughwear said:

hell_frozen_over.jpg

Haha!!!!

I've actually been through "Hell" several times having lived in Norway twice. And yes, it does freeze over ;)

That Aero Irvin is the best one I have seen from them. It's great that they have rectified the problems of the old patterns and got some great fleece. They deserve to sell a boatload of these. Well done to Ken et al.

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
Just heard from Ken it is back on sale

Hey John, talked with Craig (sloan) and he said the sheerling on one of the sleeves had prematurely worn through (he could explain better) and Aero took 'er back and built him a new one ASAP. Gotta say, in spite of the "jacket wars" here and Hat Spot, you can't argue with that sort of service. I really want one, but it's so dopey living here. Still, for a travel piece and local mountaineering, I would love one in that new "red" hide.

Smithy

ButteMT61 said:
John Lever said:
Just heard from Ken it is back on sale

Hey John, talked with Craig (sloan) and he said the sheerling on one of the sleeves had prematurely worn through.

That's not too flash for a jacket that's only a month or two old but good on Aero for redoing the jacket.

Be interesting to know how this happened though, very odd for sheepskin to wear down that quickly.