• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ahhhhhh Autumn...

sparidon

The weather here in New Orleans is supposed to turn cooler tomorrow. Should be my first chance to wear an A-2 this year. I'm ready.

Seth

Dr H

I'll bet - almost time for the A-1 to go away as it's nearly Irvin weather here now... :)

Rutger

Intermediate temp & showers & occasional night frost. B-15 A through D (mod) hurrah.
I hate it when summer's over though.

Andrew

The weather this year's been really wierd here as usually the jackets go away by the last days of august with temps in the the high 20's by now but I've worn an A-2 the last couple of days. I'm not complaining.

Roughwear

It's certainly colder now in the UK and I wore my ELC B-10 for the first time today since the spring. I too feel my Irvins may be coming out soon.

John Lever

Irvins already ??
A few degrees below freezing on some mornings, but at least it's dry. Probably wear the Perry to the pub tomorrow. If the Anj-4 arrives then maybe that one !

JOHNO

I take my morning walk about an hour before sunup each morning and I've worn the A2 for the past three weeks but with the strong cold front comming through tonite I'll start wearing a G1 tomorrow.

Maybe we should start a "Flight Jackets at the Pub" thread, its getting that time of the year. :D

bobbyball

The weather has been strange here for the last couple of weeks. Windy, cold, warm and on some days even slightly humid. I wore a G-1 last week and found myself sweating in it!

I have worn one of my GW Goatskin RWs the last couple of days and this has been fine. Looking forward to 'sub-zero' days when I can wear the Buzz Rickson B-2 I bought in the summer! This is the nearest to an Irvin I have. The moquette lining is very soft and luxurious but also incredibly warm so we will see.

I might even get the Gordon & Ferguson M-69F full-length coat out of the loft as this is probably the ultimate in cold weather protection.

Knowing my luck, my Alfa will probably 'complain' about the cold soon and I shall be walking to the station every day.

MikeyB-17

It's getting cool down this way too, the last couple of mornings the CWU-45/P has been in use, but if the cold snap they're forecasting comes to pass, the D-1 will be coming out.

PADDY_M

Up on the Scottish Borders today, it was 'fresh!' Fresh in that 'blue skies' ...'heatless bright sun in your eyes' with a nip in the air kinda 'fresh!'
So I upped the 'wind chill factor' by popping the hood down and upping the revs on my Lola!! Like the chromed clad gal she is, who makes a priest believe he's packing some heat in his pocket, she responded with that throaty purr that never fails to put a smile on my face. When her revs hit the 'special' IRVIN WEATHER indicator on the dash-board, I knew it was the 'first day' this autumn for the Irvin!! Bring on winter...!

DSCN9433.jpg

DSCN9431.jpg

DSCN9435.jpg

Roughwear

Great pics as always Paddy. Lucky you to have a break on the Scottish Borders today. The DGL jacket is just the thing to wear at the moment. I wore my 1940 DGL Irvin today, but in less attractive surroundings!

flyboy

Great pics Paddy. Wish I had an open car - all I can do is roll down all the windows, when taking the Irvin for a spin. Not quite the same :?

better duck

Roughwear said:
It's certainly colder now in the UK and I wore my ELC B-10 for the first time today since the spring. I too feel my Irvins may be coming out soon.
Same here in Holland, although for "Irvin" read "ELC B3"

jack aranda

GW Dubow A-2 weather here. Some fog and chill in the early mornings, breezy, broken sun in the afternoons. Fall is my favorite.

coalman

Took my new ELC 40 pattern Irvin for a quick spin last night and hoping to do the same tonight, hopes its even colder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: