• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces High Pre War Irvin - review and pics

flyboy

NW Carver said:
A great jacket and, IMHO, much much better in leather feel, colour, and overall look then the other repro's out there - its the closest to my wartime Irvin and just looks 1940s...
Thanks - exactly my thoughts too. Although I have not handled that many Irvins, I have seen, felt and tried on my share to say, that this is the closest you get to the real thing. It's a brilliant jacket with an authentic look and feel. And great workmanship.

Cobblers161

Very nice indeed Soren, congrats! Just what you'll need for your Winter climate.

Very impressive work John... I've often considered a sheepskin but usually veered towards a USAAF jacket however I've watched your progress with interest and seeing the final result has turned me towards an Irvin. Good skills!

Falcon_52

Jon really is making some superb-looking jackets. I'm green with envy. :mrgreen: The straight leather pull on the zipper is a nice touch, too. Enjoy that one; it looks like sheer pleasure to wear!

Noel

Smithy

Woohoo Søren!

Finally that elusive perfect Irvin you've been after.

It's been a few years coming but finally you got it mate!

Now you've got something to wear next time we're sitting out in your garden smoking cigars and drinking whisky.

Cecilie (who's sitting beside me) says hello to you and Dorthe, she also says the jacket looks the bizz as well ;)

flyboy

Thanks mate!
Yes - Feels very much like the search is finally over.
I am so happy with this one, all the details are right, the fleece is right, the fit and the weight and softness is fantastic. This is my "original" Irvin.
Looking forward to that garden-scene :D
Cheers and have a great christmas all three of you. :D

Smithy

She really looks perfect mate. I'm really chuffed for you. You've been talking about "that perfect" Irvin to me for 6 years now, it's great to see you get it.

What are you doing after Christmas? Not Irvin weather, but we're off to Thailand for two weeks, fancy coming to the tropics and having a catch up?

flyboy

These days I NEVER go ANYWHERE without my Irvin!!!! ;)
(Sounds tempting - but the Univesity is calling - got 3 weeks of lectures and coaching lined up)

Smithy

No worries. You'll be wanting to stay in colder climes with that beauty of a jacket!

We still have to get you and Dorthe down here for a visit sometime although as I mentioned we might be heading back your way in the not so distant future ;)

flyboy

DSCF1814mess_zps57ff91c2-1_zps812d46aa.jpg

As I was standing in the mess the other day... ;)

Roughwear

Soren, your Irvin is a great fit and you wear it well. Lovely jacket and I'm glad the search is finally over. :)

TOMG1401

Incredibly beautiful reproduction, could not look more original, fit is perfect, hope you enjoy the hell out of it - tom

coalman

Looks a superb jacket and the sheepskin looks far more original compared to what Aero and ELC offer, with Jons workmanship now getting worldwide interest will this mean both companies look at using the same sheekskins?

Had to come back for a second (let's be honest, more like tenth) look. :D

If the weather around here would justify it, I think I'd have to get in the queue for one of these. Alas, it would very rarely get cold enough around here to warrant an Irvin. :evil: