• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces High Pre War Irvin - review and pics

flyboy

IrvinOpen.jpg

IrvinClosed.jpg

Great details
IrvinDetailBelt.jpg

The repro lightning zippers
IrvinDetailsleeve.jpg

And a nice touch...
IrvinDetailLabel.jpg

Finally it arrived - my long waited Pre War Irvin from Aces High.
And I must say, Jon has done a fantastic piece of historic artwork! I have only tried and handled very few original Irvins, but I must admit, that this comes as close to them as ever possible.
It is definitely both lighter and softer than my Aero. The fit is fantastic. The fleece has a great color and the surface feels tough - although it is flexible. The zippers - which were the reason for the long delay - are repros of the original Lightning used by Wearing even before 1940, were worth waiting for. Great working quality, strong and genuine.
All in all - I am extremely happy that my search for "the original Irvin" is finally over.
This is the Irvin I have always known, that I - some day - would get. And now I got it!!!!!!

Thank you Jon, for your superb work, great service and communication all along the long wait.

blackrat2

Very nice indeed...hopefully you will get some good use of it in the next few weeks
The workmanship is really superb

CryptoDave

Soren,

It looks fantastic!

I know exactly what your talking about with regards to the leather, it's very soft and comfortable.

The jacket looks great on you.

How does it feel?

Enjoy.

Dave

Jason

The saying "good things are worth waiting for" has never been more true, what an amazing job! Congratulations Soren.

flyboy

Thank you chaps - but all the credit and applause must go to Jon, who made this great jacket after so much research and struggle to get it right.
I only bought it. :)

NW Carver

Looks great! :D Brilliant fit too :D

Tempting me to buy another one...

I have number 2 of the 1940 patt (bought last year) and its wearing very well - in fact I have been wearing it for the past few days to work, with the temp dropping to minus 5 in some areas the jacket has kept me nice and warm...so much so that I have only needed a thin jumper or sweatshirt underneath :D

A great jacket and, IMHO, much much better in leather feel, colour, and overall look then the other repro's out there - its the closest to my wartime Irvin and just looks 1940s...

Kind regards

Andrew

Excellent Søren. Now that looks far better than the previous one and dare I say very flattering. Great work Jon. Wish I had more of a need for one, but that's not stopped me in the past. Feel free to post more shots, particularly outside.