• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 month review of BK Victory Horse Dark Seal Aero 18775

A

Anonymous

Alan, great review and photos, thanks very much and glad you like your jacket.

That is a stunning BK Arco. Mine has only just begun to develop that kind of character, but considering I haven't worn it as much as the Werber, I'm pleased with the grain that is now really starting to appear, must do some more wriggling of that leather.

We have asked the tannery to make the new batch of Victory in such way that no "wriggling" will be necessary.

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
Alan, great review and photos, thanks very much and glad you like your jacket.

That is a stunning BK Arco. Mine has only just begun to develop that kind of character, but considering I haven't worn it as much as the Werber, I'm pleased with the grain that is now really starting to appear, must do some more wriggling of that leather.

We have asked the tannery to make the new batch of Victory in such way that no "wriggling" will be necessary.

If anyone needs to get a wriggle on it is the tannery delaying our beloved Jeff's Victory Horsehide A-2... :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15711

I am not proceeding until Jeff's jacket order is sorted..

Couchy

Cobblers161

Crikey! That is a stunner, the hide has developed just beautifully!

Probably the best piece of advertising BK could have hoped for. Consider my order placed!

herk115

Persimmon said:
As for the kneeding and wrigging. Most evenings. Just viewing a TV programme for example and just twisting and turning the leather whilst watching the show.

Wow. You got that beautiful grain to develop just by twisting and kneading? Can you describe the technique? I've still got a lot of time for that sort of thing before jacket weather arrives here in California.

Cheers,

Larry

Persimmon

herk115 said:
Persimmon said:
As for the kneeding and wrigging. Most evenings. Just viewing a TV programme for example and just twisting and turning the leather whilst watching the show.

Wow. You got that beautiful grain to develop just by twisting and kneading? Can you describe the technique? I've still got a lot of time for that sort of thing before jacket weather arrives here in California.

Cheers,

Larry

PM sent

3onamatch

Fantastic jacket! Wow, it looks so much different from the original test jacket in your previous post. Did the color lighten up as much as it appears in the pics? On my monitor at least, it appears to be regular seal instead of dark seal.

Andrew

TankBuster said:
Great looking jacket. One of the better looking repros I have seen!
I absolutely agree, but I'd add that if I saw you wearing that in the street I'd probably assume it was an original. Really good review with a lot of questions answered.

Just something for BK- it's just a comment but did you guys consider calling this maker "Airo" at any point? I appreciate it's probably too close to the real trademark. I can't help thinking about street crash rails (they're called Armco's here) whenever I read Arco :?

A

Anonymous

Thought about AFRO or AEPO but it didn't sound too good.