• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37JI Navy jacket

mulceber

Depends on what version, as there were A & B versions. One was made out of jungle cloth, the other was made of capeskin and was essentially an A-1 with pockets placed higher.

Cloth version: Buzz Rickson, Good Wear, Real McCoy, Five Star.
Capeskin version: also Good Wear, Bill Kelso

Those are the only ones I know. Others may have more comments on the fit. I know @Nickb123 owns a GW cloth 37J1.

Nickb123

Depends on what version, as there were A & B versions. One was made out of jungle cloth, the other was made of capeskin and was essentially an A-1 with pockets placed higher.

Cloth version: Buzz Rickson, Good Wear, Real McCoy, Five Star.
Capeskin version: also Good Wear, Bill Kelso

Those are the only ones I know. Others may have more comments on the fit. I know @Nickb123 owns a GW cloth 37J1.
GW also does a cape or goat 37JI with the higher pockets (Navy version I believe).

I think there were two variants of the cloth version.

I’m smitten with the GW. I know it’s cloth and not leather, but I would highly recommend jumping into the queue for one (if you already have enough leathers that is). It’s a fabulous jacket.

mulceber

Looks like it:
Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 10.34.37 AM.png

B-Man2

Thanks Burt very helpful. I see the pocket flanges/vents are a bit different in the top two. IIRC the main difference is the material. I know there’s a thread somewhere on it.
Spot on Nick. The jungle cloth JC used is different in both of the top two jackets .
Meanwhile the cloth used on the cockpit is more like that you’d find in a canvas sail .
All of them very durable .

B-Man2

Thanks to all of youse guys that contributed their expertise regarding my question.

At this moment I am somewhat partial to the olive/darker color. See what happens.
Regards and Cheers.
Don
Don
Did you post what size you’re looking for ?
Might help with your search. All of us watch out for deals and we may see something in your size and forward the sales info to you.

DJS48

Burt,

What I have seen thus far on Ebay are 36-38 from BR which seems typical of the offerings.

I went and watched a little of "Dive Bomber." I did see the "OD" version that I am interested in acquiring In my "mind", this jacket would be a nice addition to the ATF Tanker, meaning a non leather jacket.
Thanks again,
Cheers and good weekend.
Don