• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 GWs for sale!!!!!!!!

442RCT

When I first started checking for flight jackets on e-Bay a couple of months ago, it seemed there were new listings all the time. I picked up a couple jackets, one really nice one, then everything seemed to die down, and I started jonesying for more listings. Luckily my jacket addiction was fed by a non-eBay seller offering me the type of jacket that I collect.
Now I see, good news-more quality jackets listed, better news-they aren't my size so I won't bid on them. :lol:
Gawd, I think my wife would divorce me if I bought any more jackets ! :roll: But I know if a GW in my size came up for sale, I'd probably risk it and make a bid. ;)

Roughwear

I am not surprised about these three jackets appearing for sale at the same time. It's all part of this hobby-sell a few and buy others!

CBI

Yes, its me. Just purchased another GW that arrived a few days ago which will be painted. Most all my "hobby" is now focusd on painting jackets and patches of which I now have MANY projects! My time is going into researching WWII "Art" of the period much more in depth than before - lots of fun. This "garage sale" puts a dent in my collection but not that big of one. I really assumed that I would keep most all of these things but my collection focus has changed more to production. Also, I can only wear so many jackets and the winters here are getting REALLY sort. I hope to acquire a half dozen more GW's sooner than later. I think the results will be excellent.

The jacket photo'd for my avatar is one that's up for sale. Oh, sorry for not posting all of this stuff on VLJ first but its major crunch time at work.

better duck

CBI said:
Oh, sorry for not posting all of this stuff on VLJ first but its major crunch time at work.

OK, but I (we all?) would sure appreciate if you keep us posted of the progress you make with your research into and production of jacket art and patches! I think nowadays that is one of the most enjoyable subjects on our forum, like the jacket research and production of fismeok, the leather patches of DubowA2, the jacket art of Tim P, not to forget Ties and his recent bout of patch painting. Good luck with all that!

442RCT

Okey Dokey, here's the final sales prices on eBay for the 3 Good Wear Jackets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0400660885

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0400656072

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0400646695

My favorite, the GW Werber with the ATC patch, went for the least amount.

Is this pretty much what most of you experienced guys thought they would go for, or perhaps lower or higher ? The current base price of the GW Werber HH is $ 880.00, factor in the ATC patch and US Flag on the back, so it sold for about 1/2 price of a new GW...or did the patch and US flag actually bring down the price :?:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
... so it sold for about 1/2 price of a new GW...or did the patch and US flag actually bring down the price :?:

Usually yes ... patches are something you add for yourself, they seldom increase the value, and often make the jacket a tougher sale.

$480.00, $678.00, $680.00 .... I thought it was a good result.

CBI

Yes, I actually did a little better than breaking even which is all one can ask for. With all my items together, I came our better than expected. Lets see if there are any problems with buyers. ;)

Andrew

deeb7 said:
442RCT said:
... so it sold for about 1/2 price of a new GW...or did the patch and US flag actually bring down the price :?:

Usually yes ... patches are something you add for yourself, they seldom increase the value, and often make the jacket a tougher sale.

Which is the reason I haven't patched any of mine- just in case I want to sell later. It really ought to be that you do what suits you however with jackets one day it may be a keeper the next it's not. The irony here is that if it were an original the more patching, painting personalization, generally the more it would sell for.

jacketimp

i choose to put my money where my mouth is.....

if you choose some other orifice..........i don't have a problem with that

CBI

One runs the risk with patches and artwork. In some repects, its just not an A-2 for me without some art (but I do have some jackets that are "clean"). Its one of the reasons I like the A-2 so much - all of the extras.

442RCT

CBI said:
In some repects, its just not an A-2 for me without some art (but I do have some jackets that are "clean"). Its one of the reasons I like the A-2 so much - all of the extras.

I tend to agree. If I have the choice between 2 identical model jackets from the same manufacturer, one with artwork and one without artwork, I'd probably buy the jacket with the artwork...that is if the artwork was well done, you know like a Jerome Urbaniak painted jacket. :D. The only A-2 I care to keep 'clean' is my ELC which has enough 'character' without the artwork or patches. :p