• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 pants to wear with your flight jacket

ZuZu

Who said I’d ever want to wear this ensemble in the streets? :rolleyes: Do you think I'm taking the bus to work wearing pinks and a crusher cap? Did you, back in the day? :D
I wore the khakis and the A-2. This was enough to cause embarrassment- you know- the "...are you a pilot?" thing.

So where do you wear this stuff? Reenactor? Halloween? To watch Youtube?

ZuZu

‘Feminine’ is not a word that comes to mind about that look. More like ‘epic’ or ‘sharp’
Really? Give it an honest look! Give all the photographs I've posted an honest look. You're confusing the era and/or the WW2 pilot thing with the look. Hero worship's fine. I'm just saying that honestly those huge pants weren't "sharp".

I'm not impugning the men- you won't find the likes today in the USA facing WW2 statistics- especially the ETO USAAF- I'm just compaining about the pants.

Greg Gale

I wore the khakis and the A-2. This was enough to cause embarrassment- you know- the "...are you a pilot?" thing.

So where do you wear this stuff? Reenactor? Halloween? To watch Youtube?
Yeah, maybe one day at an airshow. Or at home in front of the mirror... Or to fly DCS in VR :D It doesn't matter...
Really? Give it an honest look! Give all the photographs I've posted an honest look. You're confusing the era and/or the WW2 pilot thing with the look. Hero worship's fine. I'm just saying that honestly those huge pants weren't "sharp".

I'm not impugning the men- you won't find the likes today in the USA facing WW2 statistics- especially the ETO USAAF- I'm just compaining about the pants.

Can't get any sharper than this. fortunately different people have different taste. Otherwise everyone would dress the same and the world would be boring ;)

ZuZu

Yeah, maybe one day at an airshow. Or at home in front of the mirror... Or to fly DCS in VR :D It doesn't matter...

Can't get any sharper than this. fortunately different people have different taste. Otherwise everyone would dress the same and the world would be boring ;)
What do you mean by sharp? The big billowy ass?

B-Man2

Just making an observation but todays Issued uniform pants don’t look much different than the issued pants of WWII.
IMG_4499.png

Pa12

No the hats are way too much … I don’t know who approved those, but they look like they came right out of the Manuel Noriega fashion collection.
Yeah I thought so. What do you think about the hats the cops wear in Chicago? I think it’s Chicago. Man , they take crusher to whole new level.

B-Man2

Yeah I thought so. What do you think about the hats the cops wear in Chicago? I think it’s Chicago. Man , they take crusher to whole new level.
The Philadelphia police dept Highway Patrol did the same thing with their hats .
IMG_4501.png

ZuZu

Just making an observation but todays Issued uniform pants don’t look much different than the issued pants of WWII. View attachment 162867
There is sooooo much weird psychology/propaganda/insecurity happening with this stuff- truly the product of a dying empire!

"We were great in WW2- we still are! Look at the uniform..."

"Our hats are big!" and weirdly phallic and even an echo of the SS...

Strangely- you can't look good- only slovenly and strange...

Greg Gale

Now THOSE are ill fitting pants. Not because of the style, but they're simply not the right fit. too long, wrinkled, not the WW2 look they were going for.