• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Sideslip

Bill-Bros 7823-D, 1968.
Sorry, not a replica JC ;)

It was the G-1 that made me fall in love with this jacket again after my unfortunate experience with a G-1 7823-E (my post above).
I'm putting a sepia photo because of course a JC creation will always be more beautiful on this forum than an original!

(It's a joke, I love JC art)

klui.jpg
For what it’s worth, I would not knock your 7823E and you patched it up nicely. I have one too, I picked it up cheap years ago and I still have it as a beater and really to let one or both of my kids abuse it when they fit into it. It’s still an official issued jacket and the aircrew still earned it/wore it. Of course, I joined this forum with only an interest in early G-1s and now…
BTW, is that a Cub you fly? Am in a Luscombe.

CK90

Recently received my order from JC with this lovely Gordon & Chapman ANJ3A. Managed to give it its air baptism last week with a short flight in the Luscombe. Really happy with it and know that it will grow in character the more I wear it.
View attachment 160867
Really beautiful Sideslip and that fit is just perfect as usual.

I think I remember seeing this one on JC's 'New jacket Productions' page (I always keep an eye over there to admire his works of art).

I couldn't tell initially if it was the early Mexican goat or the Pakistani.

I also have one of these beauties on order with JC, won't be for some time but this really gets me excited.

Well done and enjoy this one in good health, keep the photos coming!