• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your next jacket?

CK90

Just thought I’d get a fresh thread up and running. Always excited to hear what people have planned in the works. What’s your next jacket?

Enigma1938

I was finally able to stop the jacket madness a half year ago (after a loooong struggle of course). I really have more than enough jackets and almost every model I was interested in and I'm aware that I cannot wear all of them enough.
The craziest thing is that I mostly wear a Filson tin cloth rider the last couple of weeks so not even one of the expensive military repros o_O

Long story short: no future jackets planned !

Pilot

Just got those… not really flight or leather jackets… but „vintage“ and all original with provenance.
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

B-Man2

Yeah … I’m with Enigma on this one.
I lost control years ago and have more jackets than I can ever wear during the 3 months that’s called winter down here in Florida. Throw 3 Irvin’s into the mix as well …….. So there’s no doubt in my mind that the next jacket I should buy is this one ….
IMG_3548.jpeg

Last edited:

Adama36

I lost control years ago and have more jackets than I can ever wear, in the limited 3 months a year that’s called winter down here in Florida. Throw in 3 Irvin’s into the mix as well …….. So there’s no doubt in my mind that the next jacket I should by is this one ….
View attachment 151745
is that the one from Buzz Rickson?

mulceber

Something from John no doubt. I'm in the queue for one of his B-10s and another jacket. Haven't decided which yet. Some possibilities:
  • Aero 21996 in that weird dark-seal-fading-to-russet color.
  • tanker jacket - Burt's new one gave me the itch.
  • L.W. Foster G-1. I've got an original, but it'd be awesome to have one I could wear without a care in the world.
I'll probably end up with all of them at some point. o_O

CK90

I lost control years ago and have more jackets than I can ever wear, in the limited 3 months a year that’s called winter down here in Florida. Throw in 3 Irvin’s into the mix as well …….. So there’s no doubt in my mind that the next jacket I should by is this one ….
View attachment 151745
B-Man, with a collection as spectacular as yours, I'm sure it's tricky, because you still want that new jacket excitement!

CK90

Something from John no doubt. I'm in the queue for one of his B-10s and another jacket. Haven't decided which yet. Some possibilities:
  • Aero 21996 in that weird dark-seal-fading-to-russet color.
  • tanker jacket - Burt's new one gave me the itch.
  • L.W. Foster G-1. I've got an original, but it'd be awesome to have one I could wear without a care in the world.
Oof, Jan... stone cold line up right there, whichever way you choose, they'll all end up in your collection at some point and I can't wait to admire!

That B-10... I was on the edge of pulling the trigger on the Eastman RW version, until I saw JC'S Good Wear rendition, it's absolutely perfect (typical). You've tempted me here... might be one last deposit placed before the end of the year...

Last edited:

Smithy

I said a year or so back how I'm not buying anymore jackets. I have more than enough and it's a case of not buying anything until I wear something out or lose something.

I have a deposit with John which came up last year but he kindly said it can sit as long as I want. If and when I want something I just let him know and he'll make it.

But until I need something to replace something no new jackets coming

Having reached the point where I'm not hankering after jackets anymore is damn liberating.

CK90

I said a year or so back how I'm not buying anymore jackets. I have more than enough and it's a case of not buying anything until I wear something out or lose something.

I have a deposit with John which came up last year but he kindly said it can sit as long as I want. If and when I want something I just let him know and he'll make it.

But until I need something to replace something no new jackets coming

Having reached the point where I'm not hankering after jackets anymore is damn liberating.
Nice cool spot to be in Smithy!

PickerWilly

I'm fortunate we get a long fall, winter and mild spring in Arkansas, so I am very able to rotate jackets and get use out of them for 6 or 7 months a year. I've been an Eastman patron and have 5 that I get a lot of use out of.

I am in the queue for an A-2 from Sir John Chapman and a clone of my odd Perry B-3 with the untreated panels. Definitely want the wait to be over, but you can't rush art. I am actively fighting the urge to buy GWs that come up on the 'bay, but most don't measure to appropriately fit a spindly 6'5"... at least it saves me money, right?

Micawber

I lost control years ago and have more jackets than I can ever wear, in the limited 3 months a year that’s called winter down here in Florida. Throw in 3 Irvin’s into the mix as well …….. So there’s no doubt in my mind that the next jacket I should buy is this one ….
View attachment 151745

Shall I screenshot this and post it the next time it seems you might be tempted again Burt?

:D:D:D;););)

FreddyF9

Probably will be a either a GW or an Aero. I was planning to replace my BR B-10 (which sadly doesn’t fit me anymore) with a GW one. But I could also opt for an M-422A; I was able to catch an original in good shape and at a reasonable price but it got lost during delivery :mad:.
I just don’t have any luck with originals…