• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome To “The Bargain Basement”

Jennison

I've heard good things about uniqlo's selvage denim. Not in the same league as your Fullcounts and Momotaros obviously, but very good for people curious to try the good stuff but who don't want to spend a fortune getting their feet wet. Good find, @Jennison.
My thoughts exactly. They're also great to wear without a worry.

Jennison

Question ??
Are the tongues gusseted to the inside of the boots ??
Burt: This is from the Frye website:

Deviating from the Chelsea boot's signature side gussets, this pair from Frye offers a more traditional lace-up closure. This allows for an adjustable fit around the ankle. Crafted from full-grain leather, they're detailed with rawhide laces and precision stitching. The upper is made from soft, Italian leather that forms to your feet for a comfortable fit, while the leather sole with rubber inserts provides both durability and traction.

I took a look and it does appear that the tongue is indeed gusseted at the base. Not sure I know what I'm talking about though, so I took a photo.

Attachments

• Tyler.jpeg
    Tyler.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

B-Man2

Burt: This is from the Frye website:

Deviating from the Chelsea boot's signature side gussets, this pair from Frye offers a more traditional lace-up closure. This allows for an adjustable fit around the ankle. Crafted from full-grain leather, they're detailed with rawhide laces and precision stitching. The upper is made from soft, Italian leather that forms to your feet for a comfortable fit, while the leather sole with rubber inserts provides both durability and traction.

I took a look and it does appear that the tongue is indeed gusseted at the base. Not sure I know what I'm talking about though, so I took a photo.
Thanks for the info J