• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tip For The New Guys To This Hobby.

B-Man2

This is for the new guys who have recently joined this forum .
Occasionally an example of what not to do happens to come along and when it does, some of us who have been around for a while will point out some things to help you thru the pitfalls of this hobby.
Here’s an example of what not to do to your jackets.
Trying to age your jacket prematurely by sanding it may be a technique that you’d like to try … but don’t do it. Here’s a classic example of a jacket that has been sanded in all of the wrong places . Every snap on the pockets and collar has been sanded … you’ll never seen an original jacket looking like this. Look at the collar, sanding marked most of the way around . Arms have sanding marks near the Roundel . I’ve had original jackets that are 80 years old that never age in that pattern. The left pocket is sanded with a patch in the pocket leaving that circular sand mark. There’s more but I’ll let you guys check it out for yourselves. Hope this helps the newer guys out down the road . Watch out for stuff like this … it just devalues the jacket .
Cheers guys

Thomas Koehle

This is for the new guys who have recently joined this forum .
Occasionally an example of what not to do happens to come along and when it does, some of us who have been around for a while will point out some things to help you thru the pitfalls of this hobby.
Here’s an example of what not to do to your jackets.
Trying to age your jacket prematurely by sanding it may be a technique that you’d like to try … but don’t do it. Here’s a classic example of a jacket that has been sanded in all of the wrong places . Every snap on the pockets and collar has been sanded … you’ll never seen an original jacket looking like this. Look at the collar, sanding marked most of the way around . Arms have sanding marks near the Roundel . I’ve had original jackets that are 80 years old that never age in that pattern. The left pocket is sanded with a patch in the pocket leaving that circular sand mark. There’s more but I’ll let you guys check it out for yourselves. Hope this helps the newer guys out down the road . Watch out for stuff like this … it just devalues the jacket .
Cheers guys

Pretty good advice!