• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MODERN RECREATION OF THE A11 WATCH

s4rmark

Timeworn Watch Company A-11.
IMG_1089.jpeg
IMG_1090.jpeg
IMG_1091.jpeg
IMG_1092.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg

Pilot

Last edited:

Dumpster D

$265 US Dollars
How about the true quality?

The timeworn watch has been limited production, or was sold out awhile ago? Am I correct?

It's probably where I'd put my money if I had to spend on a cool Repro watch...unless any objections or other options to consider?

Jennison

Here’s mine. From eBay. I like the look and size of this one the best and it’s closer to the right size.which is small. The secret is that it’s quartz and care free. All in all a solid looking and feeling repro. The cost? 73 bucks shipped from England. Presentation is awesome too. The band however is meh, so I found a correct A-11 repro issue band, early War OD #3 cotton, for $18 on eBay. Looks super peeking out from under an A-2 cuff.

Attachments

• IMG_5445.jpeg
    IMG_5445.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,906
  • IMG_5446.jpeg
    IMG_5446.jpeg
    517.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

B-Man2

Here’s mine. From eBay. I like the look and size of this one the best and it’s closer to the right size.which is small. The secret is that it’s quartz and care free. All in all a solid looking and feeling repro. The cost? 73 bucks shipped from England. Presentation is awesome too. The band however is meh, so I found a correct A-11 repro issue band, early War OD #3 cotton, for $18 on eBay. Looks super peeking out from under an A-2 cuff.

Jennison

Wow! Now I promise there was no plagiarism involved Bert! I love this watch and having a repro band makes it even less of a worry. I see you paid $13 less than I did….
I’ve been wearing mine every day for well over a year (maybe 2) and still love looking at it. I have both a Waltham and an Elgin and as much as I love them, I can’t keep either of them running and even if I could, I wouldn’t wear them everyday.

Pa12

Wow! Now I promise there was no plagiarism involved Bert! I love this watch and having a repro band makes it even less of a worry. I see you paid $13 less than I did….
I’ve been wearing mine every day for well over a year (maybe 2) and still love looking at it. I have both a Waltham and an Elgin and as much as I love them, I can’t keep either of them running and even if I could, I wouldn’t wear them everyday.
I’ve got the same one too. No complaints so far. My “lifestyle “is hard on watches. If I had 2000 dollar NOS a-11 it would look like it had gone through a couple wars in no time. This one’s perfect for me. If I wreck it, I’ll just get another.

B-Man2

Hi
I posted that for additional info and to compliment your post . I think that particular repro is great value for the money . You made a good choice . The one I have doesn’t lose a minute of time. It’s patterned after a Bulova A-11. I have two originals that keep time to within about 5 minutes plus or minus a week but like most I’m reluctant to wear it on a daily basis . For $65.00 - $75.00 you can enjoy the repro and if it gets lost or damaged simply put down your credit card a grab another . I’ve actually been thinking about buying another and putting it away . Like most things I’m sure in few years that these will disappear and no longer be available .
Cheers

Jennison

I did just that. I bought a second one that’s been put away. Since they have those plastic pull-strips over the battery contact, it’ll hopefully be ready to go if and when I need it. Bought a second repro band as well. I do that with a lot of things that are great, but just don’t have the demand to survive the times, or do and will shoot up in price.

Pa12

Hi
I posted that for additional info and to compliment your post . I think that particular repro is great value for the money . You made a good choice . The one I have doesn’t lose a minute of time. It’s patterned after a Bulova A-11. I have two originals that keep time to within about 5 minutes plus or minus a week but like most I’m reluctant to wear it on a daily basis . For $65.00 - $75.00 you can enjoy the repro and if it gets lost or damaged simply put down your credit card a grab another . I’ve actually been thinking about buying another and putting it away . Like most things I’m sure in few years that these will disappear and no longer be available .
Cheers
That’s probably a good idea Burt. Might do that myself.

Pilot

Respectfully… we discuss two different things…
Collectibles on one hand and compare those with “ low cost , no historical value…. Incorrect repro…but certainly well working gear…
Its like comparing an original WWII A-2 with a low cost knock off..
Anyway, everone has its priorities… and I respect all opinions… but comparing the WWII collectibles with low cost knock-offs ( some even totally ridiculous incorrect repros ) is not very objective.
Anyway my 01ct input.

Pa12

Respectfully… we discuss two different things…
Collectibles on one hand and compare those with “ low cost , no historical value…. Incorrect repro…but certainly well working gear…
Its like comparing an original WWII A-2 with a low cost knock off..
Anyway, everone has its priorities… and I respect all opinions… but comparing the WWII collectibles with low cost knock-offs ( some even totally ridiculous incorrect repros ) is not very objective.
Anyway my 01ct input.
Of course. Mine is for practicality. In fact, these days with a phone in my pocket all the time I don’t even need a watch anymore. But I feel naked without one. I have a brother who is into expensive watches but he’s always worked in an office environment so no worries. I’ve always worked with my hands and the constant cuts and scrapes on my hands also happens on my watches ;)

Pilot

Of course. Mine is for practicality. In fact, these days with a phone in my pocket all the time I don’t even need a watch anymore. But I feel naked without one. I have a brother who is into expensive watches but he’s always worked in an office environment so no worries. I’ve always worked with my hands and the constant cuts and scrapes on my hands also happens on my watches ;)
Thankyou…well formulated..
Understand, but still not my point.
We compare an A-2 with collectible value , provenance etc … and a “ tool watch”…with no collectible value nor background..
But anyway a WW2 item will gain in collectible value.. all those low cost knock offs will only gain in increasing our waste amount/volume :)

Pa12

Thankyou…well formulated..
Understand, but still not my point.
We compare an A-2 with collectible value , provenance etc … and a “ tool watch”…with no collectible value nor background..
But anyway a WW2 item will gain in collectible value.. all those low cost knock offs will only gain in increasing our waste amount/volume :)
Roger that. Personally I’m not comparing them. There’s obviously no comparison in value. For me, if I’m going to wear a “cheap “watch, why not one that has the look and size of an A-11. I believe Burt bought one so as to preserve his original.

Pilot

Roger that. Personally I’m not comparing them. There’s obviously no comparison in value. For me, if I’m going to wear a “cheap “watch, why not one that has the look and size of an A-11. I believe Burt bought one so as to preserve his original.
Thankyou..
Well said.
Happy to see originals and not Frankensteiners .. ( wrong luming, wrong cristal, wrong sweep seconds hand, wrong crown or bezel, wrong backing/markings)…
Please feel free to share…

Pa12

Thankyou..
Well said.
Happy to see originals and not Frankensteiners .. ( wrong luming, wrong cristal, wrong sweep seconds hand, wrong crown or bezel, wrong backing/markings)…
Please feel free to share…
You’ve definitely got some beauties from what I’ve seen posted. Enjoy.