• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swedish dispatch leather jacket C56 Ordonnansjacka Pre 1942

pillepalle123

Hi,
long time lurker here. Thank you for all the information on this forum!
I was looking for this kind of jacket for a long term, most of the time only the cotton version is offered or if it is the leather version in bad condition or over 1000 Euros.

Do you think this is a good deal?
Still expensive but seems to be in great condition.

I know there are cheaper repros, but I had one here (I think Hein Gericke) and the quality of the stitches wasn´t the best.

Smithy

That's pushing it price-wise IMHO.

I've seen them for cheaper here (I live in Scandinavia).

Ultimately up to you, if it's your grail jacket and the measurements are spot on go for it. If you live in Scandinavia and can wait around on finn.no or blocket.se for example, you'll probably find one for cheaper eventually.

pillepalle123

Thank you.

Problem with finn or blocket or most other plattforms is that many people do not want to ship internationally sadly.
I live in Germany.

What do you think is a fair price (outside scandinavia), maybe I can negotiate a bit.

Smithy

Thank you.

Problem with finn or blocket or most other plattforms is that many people do not want to ship internationally sadly.
I live in Germany.

What do you think is a fair price (outside scandinavia), maybe I can negotiate a bit.
For that, I'd shoot for 600 to start with. He'll say it's not enough as you've shot low and you can add more. If it was me I wouldn't pay more than 650 absolutely maximum. They're not worth more than that. nice jackets but they're really niche, there's not crowds of people lining up to buy them.

Thomas Koehle

I have never been interested in a purchase of those dispatch-rider jackets - not in leather and also not in fabric ...

They look kinda complicated to close???

Has anyone any pics of such a jacjet actually in service?

pillepalle123

I have never been interested in a purchase of those dispatch-rider jackets - not in leather and also not in fabric ...

They look kinda complicated to close???
Has anyone any pics of such a jacjet actually in service?
04072020-IMG_5501_1024x1024.jpg

motorjacka-60-768x1024.jpg
IMG_7388.jpeg

Last one is a repro.

Last edited:

CombatWombat

I prefer the "Brewer's Tails" (double breasted like Kriegsmarine jackets) or the "Flygrpnet/Swedish AF" coats (a mid thigh zip up coat lined in wool and with a wool collar)
The Swedish have incredible goatskin......but these jackets just don't call to me

Members online

Latest posts