• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something you don't see often...

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

G-1 from A-series (the rarest of the spec. 7823) still in its bag sealed.
Apologies for the low quality images, proper post will come soon!
IMG_8717.jpeg
IMG_8718.jpeg
IMG_8719.jpeg

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

For sure Jorge, but will the folds end up affecting the jacket as a whole. In your collectors eye can this affect the whole jacket as a collectable?
In my opinion, the uniqueness of this example comes from the fact that this is still untouched after 63 years. Finding any G-1 in great shape is rare but finding it in its original sealed bag happens once every few years. Most likely the folds will disappear if it gets opened, but it won't be back to its original condition.

Dany McDonald

n my opinion, the uniqueness of this example comes from the fact that this is still untouched after 63 years. Finding any G-1 in great shape is rare but finding it in its original sealed bag happens once every few years. Most likely the folds will disappear if it gets opened, but it won't be back to its original condition.

Interesting. Tx.

johnwayne

Are we suggesting that’s NOS from the maker, in a plastic bag? Surely that would have been boxed and surely for ventilation/avoidance of mould, not plastic? Personally I’d give it an airing and store it hung on a proper decent hanger/mannequin!!!

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Are we suggesting that’s NOS from the maker, in a plastic bag? Surely that would have been boxed and surely for ventilation/avoidance of mould, not plastic? Personally I’d give it an airing and store it hung on a proper decent hanger/mannequin!!!
Not suggesting, it is a fact. They used to come from factory in plastic bags, boxes and sometimes both. Perhaps not always the case, but there are plenty of examples out there (flight jackets, flight suits, etc).

Again, the last thing I would do is opening the bags if they are sealed. I prefer preserving them in its original factory condition. If it survived 6 decades untouched, I wouldn't be the first to open it. But that is just my opinion.
IMG_5604.jpeg
IMG_5603.jpeg
IMG_5602.jpeg
IMG_5600.jpeg
IMG_5599.jpeg
IMG_5597.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg
IMG_5606.jpeg
IMG_5605.jpeg

Last edited: