• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small Void in Irvin Jacket

Jennison

I really like my Five Star Irvin. That said, I'd noticed a small void in the coloring and I'm just wondering how it got there. If I did it somehow, when I haven't even worn it (only tried it on), it might suggest the top-coat is rather fragile. If it happened at Five Star, then it's just a manufacturing blemish which means its nothing to concern myself with. I took a couple of close-up shots of the blemish, and it appears to me that the finish goes right over it. As such, my uneducated conclusion is that I received the jacket like that from Five Star. I'm hoping you guys with the forensic skills and sharp eyes can let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Irvin Void.JPG
    Irvin Void.JPG
    981.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Irvin Void 2.JPG
    Irvin Void 2.JPG
    920.6 KB · Views: 67

mulceber

Looks like a blemish from the tanning process to me. If you know someone who’s good at dyeing leather, you could ask them to correct it. Otherwise, I’d just shrug it off.

Jennison

Thanks for the answer. What made me curious is that it looks like the color was there but flaked off somehow and yet the area is covered with the shiny finish. If that's the case, I don't care at all. If on the other hand, that flake is a sign of things to come, that's concerning (sorry, I believe I simply repeated myself). Are these things common with sheepskin tanning?

Jennison

I took an eye-loop to the spot last night. It's not a void, it's a flat blob of something of a lighter color than the brown, and under the finish. So, all's good.