• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size of Leather Painted Eight Air Force Patch

Jennison

Hi: Please forgive me if my question has been addressed elsewhere in the Forum, but I couldn't find anything definitive (and I'm new here). I have a repro Bronco A-2 and am having leather painted Stubby-Wing 8th Air Force patch done for the left shoulder. It will simply be sewn to the jacket. The artist has asked what diameter I'd like the patch to be and I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of an authentic size (that looks good too--not too small or too large).

Many thanks, Mike

Flightengineer

Hi: Please forgive me if my question has been addressed elsewhere in the Forum, but I couldn't find anything definitive (and I'm new here). I have a repro Bronco A-2 and am having leather painted Stubby-Wing 8th Air Force patch done for the left shoulder. It will simply be sewn to the jacket. The artist has asked what diameter I'd like the patch to be and I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of an authentic size (that looks good too--not too small or too large).

Many thanks, Mike

The originals were usually 2.5 - 2 3/4 inches with slight deviations

This is on my old jacket - diameter 6.5 cm (about 2.5 inches)

Hope it help