• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seal Perry 42-16175-P

Roughwear

The most commonly seen Perry A2s from the 42-16175-P contract are russet. This one was made from seal horsehide. Like many Aero jackets the base colour is russet and it has been sprayed with a seal top coat. It is not a depot re-spray job! It has all the features typical of this contract:

A collar stand.
Short, rounded collar points.
Soft and shallow curves to the pocket flaps, with stitch lines which are spaced farther than typical from the edge of the flap.
A three-piece inner wind flap which is found on some Perry jackets.
Open box-stitch reinforcment at top corners of pockets.
A brass Conmar zipper.

This jacket is a size 46 and is in all original, very well preserved condition. I have included some pics of my near mint size 44 russet Perry so you can see the contrast in the leather. It's a really comfortable jacket to wear. Some photos were taken in natural light and others with a flash.

017-7.jpg

022-5.jpg

023-9.jpg

024-8.jpg

030-2.jpg

021-6.jpg

025-8.jpg

031-5.jpg

036-4.jpg

037-5.jpg

040-4.jpg

042-3.jpg

029-6.jpg

039-4.jpg

017-3.jpg

018-2.jpg

CBI

a real beauty for sure. I think it might last longer in a less damp like climate here in the States. I would be happy to hold on to it for you ............. :cool:

Jason

Would it be fair to say that the seal Perry isn't quite as dark as other seal jackets, a bit like a light depot respray? That would describe my smaller Perry, which is definitely darker than the usual russet, but not as dark as seal by any measure... and it'd be interesting to speculate if it came out of the Newburgh factory like that.

ciddu

Congrats, Andrew, Very nice jacket!
The conditions are extremely good, as usual in your collection, and the russet-seal blend and the way russet shows out through the darker seal are really beautiful!

Roughwear

Thanks Wayne. I might wear this great jacket to a Duxford air show during the season so you can see it at first hand.

dmar836

Wow! great condition. Andrew, I'm sure it's been mentioned before but how do you store your jackets?
Dave