• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roll up a jacket?

I’m wanting to carry my A2 with me on the train, and the easiest way to have easy access to it would be rolled up and strapped to the outside of my bag like the picture.

Would this be advisable? Would it crease? Would it mess up the collar?
I don’t want to make it my regular work jacket, but I’m at work much more often then I’m at home. I want to break it in some, but not abuse it.

Attachments

• IMG_7001.jpeg
    IMG_7001.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
You can’t hurt these jackets . Roll it up , use it for a pillow, pack it in the bag , wear it in the rain… wrinkle it up …it’s all going to make the jacket look better over the years .
I’m a railroader. We routinely destroy the interiors of 200 ton, $2M chunks of steel. A jacket is child’s play!

B-Man2

Well I assumed that you weren’t going to be wearing it to destroy $2million chunks of steel and I’m sure the railroad provides some type of safety garb for doing just that.
The jacket was made for flying not for steel work or dragging it across metal shards . Your question was simply about would it crease if you rolled it up .

Well I assumed that you weren’t going to be wearing it to destroy $2million chunks of steel and I’m sure the railroad provides some type of safety garb for doing just that.
The jacket was made for flying not for steel work or dragging it across metal shards . Your question was simply about would it crease if you rolled it up .
I wasn’t impugning your response. I was trying to be self-deprecating more than anything. Guess it doesn’t come across the screen as well as it did in my mind.
Your response was the type of info I was looking for.

B-Man2

I wasn’t impugning your response. I was trying to be self-deprecating more than anything. Guess it doesn’t come across the screen as well as it did in my mind.
Your response was the type of info I was looking for.
No offense taken …. You sound like you’ve got an Interesting job. Just for conversation I don’t cut my jackets any slack. I roll them in a ball throw them in a corner or on a bed .
The wrinkles will fall out or add character to your jacket .

No offense taken …. You sound like you’ve got an Interesting job. Just for conversation I don’t cut my jackets any slack. I roll them in a ball throw them in a corner or on a bed .
The wrinkles will fall out or add character to your jacket .
It’s just driving trains. But for some reason, we’re a very destructive group. A brand new locomotive will have boot prints on the wall, broken knobs or levers, and all sorts of political ramblings written on the toilet room wall within 3 months. Apparently we were all raised in a barn.