• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Talon M-41 or M-42 Zippers?

Jennison

Does anyone have a source for a quality repro war-time Talon? The cheap M-39 repops take an hour to zip past the first 3 inches and feel like they’re gonna fall apart. I have an NOS original but I don’t want to use that (yet).

Jennison

From the above, looks like Jay is out of stock. Regarding John, is email the best way to reach him for parts?

Jennison

Got it. Gracias!
Yeah, for M-42s, Jay or John are your best bet. M-41s are a problem, as nobody, to my knowledge, has reproduced them - which is REALLY a shame, because they're FAR more common than M-42s on the wartime contracts.
This is good info to know. To that end, how often were stop-box marked M-39s found on 1942 contracts?

mulceber

Got it. Gracias!

This is good info to know. To that end, how often were stop-box marked M-39s found on 1942 contracts?
Good question: part of the difficulty is that there’s often enough corrosion that being totally sure whether the zipper is an M-41 or an M-39 is difficult. From having looked at a whole bunch of originals, my sense is that the 39s weren’t very common.