• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Professional Aviator Leather Jacket Manufacturer – Open for Collaboration and Suggestions!

Smithy

For some reason I thought that these were Japanese. I wrote back then I thought they looked pretty good. Thanks!

Not too shabby eh? :)

Ordering one if you live outside of China is probably a bloody nightmare though.

When the Chinese start making these types of things en masse and make them easy for us Western imperialists to buy them toot-sweet and with no bother on the internet, you're in for a game changer maybe.

ZuZu

IMG_3887.jpg

Here's a photo from that thread. The jacket looks pretty good- it sits like an original Aero and has those big sleeve ends which I like. The collar is great- falls like it should- all in all not bad IMO. When they actually start really getting into details we could see some great stuff- coming as they do from an industrial sewing background.

Smithy

View attachment 158475

Here's a photo from that thread. The jacket looks pretty good- it sits like an original Aero and has those big sleeve ends which I like. The collar is great- falls like it should- all in all not bad IMO. When they actually start really getting into details we could see some great stuff- coming as they do from an industrial sewing background.

Yup, that is a million times better than all those 5 Star, and all the other cheap A-2 options. Seriously looks like an ELC jacket from the mid 00s.

They'll sell a boat load if they can sort out international ordering and western sizing-

Thomas Koehle

Expecting just crap is comin`outta China would be ignorant - and expecting everything that`s sold in Japan is actually produced in Japan would be naiv.

During my 7 yrs stay in Chin ai`ve seen enough to know that if there would be a company actually decide to produce high-end repros they will be able to do that.

Like @Smithy pointed out those pics look pretty good and if you had time to browse through TAOBAO (and meanwhile there are a couple of other platforms in China) you would have seen a lot of other interesting stuff even 10 yrs back

CBI

...........lets just make sure that the photos they are showing are of their jackets and not from some other manufacturer which has been a big "thing" with these companies. No accusations, just say'n :)

B-Man2

Agree with all of the above and would add that if a new start up company in China really wanted to produce a Good Wear type quality jacket … they surely wouldn’t need the guidance of our little forum… they’d do the same thing that they do , with much of the other things that they sell … they’d purchase a Good Wear off the web and then copy it stitch for stitch.
One of my other hobbies is collecting custom made pocket knives. Once a year there’s a knife show in Atlanta called the “Blade Show”. People come from all around the world to attend this show including China .
Every year Chinese business reps come to the show with their cameras ready to take photos of new expensive one off custom made knives. They send those photos back to their companies and within a month you can find clones of that same knife for sale coming out of China.

Members online

Latest posts